Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Forum - Mustang World (http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Clubhouse (http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Junior Seau shooting? (http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682734)

DSOM C6 05-02-2012 10:18 AM

Junior Seau shooting?

Possibly dead??

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior.../#.T6F6V-2wLPY

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior.../#.T6F6pu2wLPY

Jim W 05-02-2012 10:23 AM

Another crazy ex-wife? :whoknows:

2000silverstang 05-02-2012 10:23 AM

:eek5:

DSOM C6 05-02-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim W
Another crazy ex-wife? :whoknows:

looks like a suicide for the time being

Jim W 05-02-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSOM C6
looks like a suicide for the time being

Then they better get looking for crazy ex-wife's body. :look:

Jim W 05-02-2012 10:26 AM

Damn wikipedia! lol

Date of birth: January 19, 1969
Place of birth: San Diego, California
Date of death: May 2, 2012 (aged 43)

Barker94GT 05-02-2012 10:28 AM

Whaaaaaa

:cry:

Jesse5.1 05-02-2012 10:30 AM

Kinda sorta not really related, a friend of mine( A store manger at Ruby Tuesday) Went to the "mangers boot camp" with Junior Seau for Ruby Tuesday. said he was a really awesome down to earth guy. As a Raiders fan I hated when they played him, he was really damn good. I was a huge fan of his though, and he is supposedly a really classy guy

LUCC 05-02-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse5.1
Kinda sorta not really related, a friend of mine( A store manger at Ruby Tuesday) Went to the "mangers boot camp" with Junior Seau for Ruby Tuesday. said he was a really awesome down to earth guy. As a Raiders fan I hated when they played him, he was really damn good. I was a huge fan of his though, and he is supposedly a really classy guy

Yeah, why can't this happen to Mike Vick, Ray Lewis or other scumbag athletes. :rolleyes:

Element 05-02-2012 10:38 AM

Damn :nono2:

LUCC 05-02-2012 10:41 AM

Just read he is the 8th player from the Chargers 1994 superbowl team to pass. :disturbed

stangxs 05-02-2012 10:43 AM

Damn :(

My mom just called me and told me she heard it on the radio (she knew I was a big fan of his); shocking :nono2:

GatorD 05-02-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCC
Just read he is the 8th player from the Chargers 1994 superbowl team to pass. :disturbed

Came in here to post this. That's fvcking disturbing.

Jim W 05-02-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

How many fans have killed themselves over the years?

Yeah I know, hell...already have my ticket. :o

treyGT 05-02-2012 10:51 AM

one has to wonder what would drive someone like him to suicide. selfish to leave behind 3 kids like that.

SlowAsStock 05-02-2012 11:00 AM

damn, liked that dude

P51-SN95 05-02-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treyGT
one has to wonder what would drive someone like him to suicide. selfish to leave behind 3 kids like that.

sounds like severe depression from concussions, just like the other ex players...

he shot him self in the chest.... to save his brain for research??? :whoknows:

Lurker45 05-02-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P51-SN95
sounds like severe depression from concussions, just like the other ex players...

the downfall of nfl iyam, they are gonna get a ****storm of negative coverage in the coming years from this stuff. as we learn more about concussions, the less appealing football becomes.

Jeff01S281 05-02-2012 11:21 AM

First Joey, then DMA, and now Junior. :cry:

bigbodyhoe 05-02-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff01S281
First Joey, then DMA, and now Junior. :cry:

Now now now... it is no ones business how Junior died. We are going to keep hinting around at it but for the sake of his family and the embarrassment it will cause, we aren't going to flat out say he offed himself... (kinda like we did with Joey and DMA)

P51-SN95 05-02-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker45
the downfall of nfl iyam, they are gonna get a ****storm of negative coverage in the coming years from this stuff. as we learn more about concussions, the less appealing football becomes.

gives the NFL all that more justification in coming down so hard on the Saints and the "Bounty Gate" issues.

GatorD 05-02-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker45
as we learn more about concussions, the less appealing football becomes.

These guys are essentially trading 30+ years of their lives for a bunch of money (which they lose shortly after retiring) and a few years in the NFL. It's sad.

Isn't the life expectancy of an NFL athlete something like 58 years?

skipperjohnn 05-02-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowAsStock
damn, liked that dude

Never was a Chargers fan, but always liked him.

Kishan 05-02-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

If it was suicide, I would guess he wanted an open casket.

klonoa 05-02-2012 12:18 PM

Listening to his mom was heart breaking :cry:

nmcgrawj 05-02-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

gives the NFL all that more justification in coming down so hard on the Saints and the "Bounty Gate" issues.

Cause without the bounty gate....

Football is a safe sport :word:

stangxs 05-02-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Pretty wild:

Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Junior Seau died on Wednesday after what is being reported as a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Linebacker David Griggs died in 1995 after his car slid off an expressway and hit a large sign pole. He was 28 years old at the time.

Running back Rodney Culver died in a plane crash on May 11, 1996. The crash of ValuJet Flight 592 killed all 110 people aboard, including Culver's wife.

Linebacker Doug Miller died in 1998 as the result of a lightning strike at the age of 28.

Center Curtis Whitley died on May 11, 2008 as the result of an overdose and was found in his trailer home in West Texas.

Defensive end Chris Mims died of an enlarged heart on Oct. 15, 2008.

Defensive tackle Shawn Lee died from cardiac arrest on Feb. 26, 2011.

Former Chargers linebacker Lew Bush died of a heart attack on Dec. 8, 2011.

DSOM C6 05-02-2012 01:17 PM

Troy Polamalu on FB:
"I am deeply saddened by the events that have transpired today. My heartfelt condolences and sympathy go out to his family. Junior Seau meant so much to me and many other Samoan youth both as a player and person. Junior epitomized hard work and dedication to football and philanthropy. He was a childhood hero of mine and honored to say, a good friend. Junior Seau will always be someone I look up to and will walk the path he paved for me and many other Trojans, Samoans, and athletes alike."

Tbag 05-02-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangxs
Pretty wild:

Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Junior Seau died on Wednesday after what is being reported as a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Linebacker David Griggs died in 1995 after his car slid off an expressway and hit a large sign pole. He was 28 years old at the time.

Running back Rodney Culver died in a plane crash on May 11, 1996. The crash of ValuJet Flight 592 killed all 110 people aboard, including Culver's wife.

Linebacker Doug Miller died in 1998 as the result of a lightning strike at the age of 28.

Center Curtis Whitley died on May 11, 2008 as the result of an overdose and was found in his trailer home in West Texas.

Defensive end Chris Mims died of an enlarged heart on Oct. 15, 2008.

Defensive tackle Shawn Lee died from cardiac arrest on Feb. 26, 2011.

Former Chargers linebacker Lew Bush died of a heart attack on Dec. 8, 2011.

:disturbed

Cursed

Maple 05-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Pretty wild:

RiceEatering95Turd 05-02-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbodyhoe
Now now now... it is no ones business how Junior died. We are going to keep hinting around at it but for the sake of his family and the embarrassment it will cause, we aren't going to flat out say he offed himself... (kinda like we did with Joey and DMA)

:biglaugh:

stangxs 05-02-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSOM C6
Troy Polamalu on FB:
"I am deeply saddened by the events that have transpired today. My heartfelt condolences and sympathy go out to his family. Junior Seau meant so much to me and many other Samoan youth both as a player and person. Junior epitomized hard work and dedication to football and philanthropy. He was a childhood hero of mine and honored to say, a good friend. Junior Seau will always be someone I look up to and will walk the path he paved for me and many other Trojans, Samoans, and athletes alike."

Pretty crazy reading tweets, and stuff like that; dude was highly respected.

I've always said, and will always believe, suicide is the pussies way out of life. As hard as I try to understand it, there's no way I can fathom what ultimately pushes someone to kill themselves, knowing everyone close to them will suffer from their selfishness. I just can't respect that. Either way, RIP Junior, you will be missed.

GatorD 05-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

I've always said, and will always believe, suicide is the pussies way out of life. As hard as I try to understand it, there's no way I can fathom what ultimately pushes someone to kill themselves, knowing everyone close to them will suffer from their selfishness.

This is a catch-22. You're taking a rational approach to suicide. I'd bet that most people that kill themselves are not rational people, or at least they're not being rational at the time.

Who knows what could've been going on in this man's head to make him justify, in his own mind, that it was his only way to make it better? We can't grasp that. :whoknows:

LS6 Molester 05-02-2012 01:43 PM

If Seau committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest, it is similar to the way former Chicago Bears great Dave Duerson ended his life. Duerson shot himself in the chest. the method used so that his brain could be examined for symptoms of CTE, a trauma induced disease common to NFL players and others who have received repeated blows to the head.

PrivateSoftcore 05-02-2012 02:56 PM

Scary and sad. Lots of stories like this emerging from the modern game. It's a disturbing trend to say the least.

I have a feeling that in twenty years we will have heard way too many stories like this.

1slo5.0 05-02-2012 03:01 PM

Do you think he said ow?

fondycards53 05-02-2012 03:18 PM

When I first saw the headline I didn't put a face to the name. Sadly I got junior confused with Shawn merrimen (who I wouldn't give to ****s about if he died). Once I realized who it was I couldn't believe it. Really sad to hear.

Element 05-02-2012 03:24 PM

Was well respected here in Boston and his time with the Patriots. He did a lot of the community/charities/unfortunate people around here too.

LSx 05-02-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Pretty crazy reading tweets, and stuff like that; dude was highly respected.

I've always said, and will always believe, suicide is the pussies way out of life. As hard as I try to understand it, there's no way I can fathom what ultimately pushes someone to kill themselves, knowing everyone close to them will suffer from their selfishness. I just can't respect that. Either way, RIP Junior, you will be missed.

Quite the ignorant way to see it.

Matador 05-02-2012 03:59 PM

Dude will be missed. I'm going to his restaurant tonight in Mission Valley to have a beer in lov