Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > Technical Discussion > 2005+ Mustang

Old 10-23-2014, 04:48 AM   #1
damon
MAYOR

Anyone running either the E-Force or Whipple supercharger? - or vortech/pro-charger

For the e-Force, how was the install? any cutting or tools the avg person might not have? they seem to really need a tune - beyond what they include to get the hp where it should be. Also, not the most efficient blower out there.

Whipple - either the Ford kit, Whipple's or KB.

How was the install? and how many liter model are you running? one of or imo, the best supercharger design out there and efficient - especially with proper cooling like they are all doing now.

Also, how is the Vortech these days? seems Pro-charger is making a real run at them. How do the new head units sound - still as loud - esp off load?

thanks,
d

damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
MonteCitan
Partying like it's 19-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon View Post
For the e-Force, how was the install? any cutting or tools the avg person might not have? they seem to really need a tune - beyond what they include to get the hp where it should be. Also, not the most efficient blower out there.

Whipple - either the Ford kit, Whipple's or KB.

How was the install? and how many liter model are you running? one of or imo, the best supercharger design out there and efficient - especially with proper cooling like they are all doing now.

Also, how is the Vortech these days? seems Pro-charger is making a real run at them. How do the new head units sound - still as loud - esp off load?

thanks,
d
Running Whipple here on the 06, didn't install the kit but I've had it off and back on.. reinstall was easy

I've dealt with Eaton pre TVS.. Eaton TVS, kenne bell and whipple.. by far this is my favorite twin screw/ setup.. With the 10 rib setup, I see just under 11 PSI, before 10 rib setup hit 475 WHP and over 435 tq on 10 PSI

That said, just bought a vortech setup for my 93, as I don't like KB products, would love a twin screw on the 93 otherwise... The no oil feed vortechs require oil feeds in the 16+ PSI range but have provisions to convert

I do a lot of 'city' type driving so the instant full boost above 2500 RPM is great...