Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > Technical Discussion > 5.0L Performance

Old 03-12-2015, 03:48 AM   #1
Damouth

Idling issue

ok, so it was raining one day, going to work, ran through a puddle and when i push the clutch in the idle went to about 1700 rpms. So, I pull air filter off, clean it(cold air into the fender), put it back, still same problem, is intermittent though. I deal with it it, starts happening worse and more frequent, gets to the point to were its not intermittent anymore and idle is about 2100 rpms now. I have replaced IAC 3 times, with 3 different types, finally ending with a motorcraft IAC. Still, idling about 2100 rpms. So, I replace the MAF, put 36lb inj, MAF is calibrated to them and a spacer between upper and lower intake. Problem is still there, no better and no worse. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, its driving me crazy, this is my daily driver. Ihave disconnected the IAC and it idles about 900 rpms, but does not like to idle when vehicle is cold
Damouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:11 AM   #2
03RedFireGT

Disconnected/broken vacuum line. Get a can of carb cleaner, and start spraying down the lines. When the idle changes, that's where you focus efforts on replacing lines.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
Damouth

checked for vacuum leaks, none found. i sprayed Everything down, lol. I did get it better. TPS was at 1.33, adjusted it down to .988 and the idle doesnt go sky hgh anymore, now driving, check engine light comes on and no one around here can get the check the old eec system to get codes. And i work at a damn Ford dealer, lol... WTF!!!!
Damouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
Cozzb
Bonified

Use this page and count the flashes of the check engine light for codes

http://www.thorssell.net/hbook/eectest.html
Old 04-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
modo
That Guy

get the motor at operating temp then disconnect the IAC plug from the IAC. use a screw driver and set the idle to where you want it with the set screw on the throttle body. hookup the IAC again and if your check engine light is on pull the battery for 5 min.

93 GT
66 Coupe
modo is offline   Reply With Quote