Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > Technical Discussion > 4.6L Performance

Old 08-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #1
IRSmart
On a steel horse I ride

clutch replacement?

well, skipping to chapter 3 of my transmission woes, my clutch is toast and I need to get a new one. my question is three-fold:

1) I did not like the spec stage 1 clutch that I got. I felt it had a lot of chatter when being let out. what are other good brands for a hardly modded 03 GT that won't break the bank?

2) what should I be looking at for installation quotes? I got one so far for almost $700. I have longtubes, and they know that, so they may have jacked up the price to compensate.

3) on the above note, i'd rather have someone familiar with these cars do the install because of the headers. longer install time = higher bill. anyone know anyone reputable in the balt/dc area that they would recommend?
Old 10-23-2015, 07:45 AM   #2
jcrawford21
Rock Chalk

Let me know what you find out. I know I will be replacing mine soon as well. I love the stock clutch, so thinking of just getting it replaced with another stock one.

2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (ganked)

PS3 Tag - Finwick

jcrawford21 is offline   Reply With Quote