Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Old 12-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
beanbat

Phone guys

Is the oneplus 5t still a "thing"? Anyone have one?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
jmlufkins
Penisjuan is a dick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
Go buy a fvcking $30 ZTE majesty pro and call it a day
Old 12-18-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
stick

Quote:
Just buy a Samsung Galaxy S8 and call it done.
-Ported Eaton, Dragon TB & plenum w/ JLT cold air
-2.76 Billetflow pulley with 100mm idlers
-C&L 95mm MAF, MAFia, Kenne Bell BAP
-Bassani catback, BBK catted mid pipe
-315s on the back, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
-MM IRS Diff/Subframe/Control Arm/Rack Bushings
stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
IM0001

One plus One = Don't buy one.
Get a Pixel if you don't want your phone having wide open backdoors and other random bad run company crap come up as well as updates that stop 6 months in.

Not saying Google is perfect, but the Pixel 2 does have Enterprise Encryption, now closer to 3 years of software updates, and a continually fast experience. Even the Pixel 1's are great devices today that are also as fast now as they were new.

Buy it through Google for the best support, but if you go 3rd party or Verizon, its still not bad, just no cross ship stuff in case you do run into a hardware issue they need to swap it out for.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline - E47
2001GT Auto - Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust
2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
IM0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
331 LX

Orkin has last years model. I'll page him for you.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
Sage Francis

[/beanbat]why do you need a hipster mini computer running slower to browse the internet when a laptop and wired connection work 1000 better. Need mobility? Just get 1000000ft of cat5 cable and youre covered. I still use my Motorola startac as its the most superior design for phone utility and screen protection.... [/beanbat]
Sage Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #7
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

OnePlus sucks balls.

the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #8
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Francis View Post
[/beanbat]why do you need a hipster mini computer running slower to browse the internet when a laptop and wired connection work 1000 better. Need mobility? Just get 1000000ft of cat5 cable and youre covered. I still use my Motorola startac as its the most superior design for phone utility and screen protection.... [/beanbat]
LOL, laptop. I have a dual CPU xeon workstation, you peasant. I've never even bought a laptop in my entire life.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #9
Sage Francis

Quote:
LOL, laptop. I have a dual CPU xeon workstation, you peasant. I've never even bought a laptop in my entire life.
Damnit...I knew I was 2 generations too advanced
Sage Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:04 AM   #10
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Francis View Post
Damnit...I knew I was 2 generations too advanced
"Too advanced". Don't worry, f@ggot. The tech in my current workstation will reach your laptop sometime around 2020.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:55 AM   #11
jmlufkins
Penisjuan is a dick :)

Quote:
"Too advanced". Don't worry, f@ggot. The tech in my current workstation will reach your laptop sometime around 2020.

It's the cores.

53+ cores or go home
Old 12-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #12
331 LX

Check your email Beanbag.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #13
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 331 LX View Post
Check your email Beanbag.
nothing there, hoss.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #14
IM0001

You came in possibly for advice. you got it. OnePlus is a crap company making good phones on paper but in reality they are subpar to many other phones out there. Hell if you just want a cheap phone thats got great bang for the buck and don't care for the camera much, just get a Moto G5Plus off amazon. Still one of the best bang for buck phones out right now.

Hell, be real cheap. Pick up a Moto G4 for $95 Not as good as a 5 of course, but still has expandable storage and battery life for days.

2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
Old 12-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #15
JustinTT

Is that essential phone any good?
JustinTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #16
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001 View Post
You came in possibly for advice. you got it. OnePlus is a crap company making good phones on paper but in reality they are subpar to many other phones out there. Hell if you just want a cheap phone thats got great bang for the buck and don't care for the camera much, just get a Moto G5Plus off amazon. Still one of the best bang for buck phones out right now.

Hell, be real cheap. Pick up a Moto G4 for $95 Not as good as a 5 of course, but still has expandable storage and battery life for days.
Lol, you're the only one singing that song. Every online reviewer loves the phone. It's not for me, btw. I have a Samsung j3 that I got for $20 that's fine. My dad is looking at phones, and i remembered someone on here talking about them.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #17
IM0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTT View Post
Yes*

It has a few quirks, and the camera has it's limit, but is always getting better actually though software. The hardware build quality is top notch though. The thing is Solid with the Titanium/Ceramic build, but you may want a case just for grip sake. It is about the size of a iPhone 5, but with a 5.7" screen since its got nearly edgeless going on. Software wise Essential the company is doing pretty good at getting out monthly updates, and the 8.0 update is in Beta and almost ready so thats good too.

Sprint had the Lease deal that ended up making the phone about $190 after tax in the end with a free 360 camera. Had to jump on that because that 360 camera alone is rather good for a 4K one and the phone is usable on all US networks as well (once the lease is paid off).

2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
Old 12-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #18
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTT View Post
You should really read more about these on other places. The industry pretty much says the opposite of what IM0001 is saying. IE, consensus is that the OnePlus is a pretty good value for the money and that the Essential is basically a piece of garbage.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #19
331 LX

Quote:
nothing there, hoss.
Beanbat@gmail.com?
Old 12-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #20
beanbat

Quote:
ya, that's the catch all.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #21
331 LX

Quote:
ya, that's the catch all.
Check your spam from yesterday around 3:20 est.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #22
IM0001

The industry you are referring to is Phone Hardware reviewers which are notorious to orgasm over specs alone on almost any phone, while they blew out the Pixel 2XL over the screen being LG and not quite as good as they imagined it should be, yet are ok with OnePlus putting in their screen upside down and then blaming customers that their Eyes aren't working correctly. But go ahead and dismiss my extensive hands on knowledge of both the OnePlus, Essential, P2XL, etc. Mr. Xeon Workstation > lapturd.

The main problem with OnePlus isn't really that they have bad hardware. (It is rather ok, just limited to less carriers and usually 1 or 2 things done goofed in it) but that the company started out with shady ****ty marketing and service and have consistently given us enough of that Still, that makes people cringe every time they do it, again and again.

The Essential did start out pretty rough. (I got it preordered at $800 lol, then promptly returned it). They have gotten out monthly update though, updated the camera a crap ton, and the price dropped to a reasonable level for its specs ($399-499 based on sale). When Sprint had a deal for $190 total in the Flex Lease that made it stupid good value considering it does have specs inline with all the other flagships of today minus the OnePlus level of ram. The software is still a bit hit or miss, but to say Essential hasn't improved since launch is just taking the online first hands on reviews and trusting them as solid fact. Yea like most things in the tech industry, things can change... Fast.

But then again, for you, its actually a perfect match.

On the Flipside, another phone to compare specs with is the new Razer phone. Made by the guys who made the Robin really. Specs that beat the OnePlus for a little bit more and speakers that make the large bezels worth it as well as a 120hz phone screen.

2009 Aprilia Shiver 750

Last edited by IM0001; 12-19-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #23
beanbat

Quote:
Check your spam from yesterday around 3:20 est.
I flushed that shiit out earlier this morning...can you resend?
Old 12-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #24
beanbat

Quote:
The industry you are referring to is Phone Hardware reviewers which are notorious to orgasm over specs alone on almost any phone, while they blew out the Pixel 2XL over the screen being LG and not quite as good as they imagined it should be, yet are ok with OnePlus putting in their screen upside down and then blaming customers that their Eyes aren't working correctly. But go ahead and dismiss my extensive hands on knowledge of both the OnePlus, Essential, P2XL, etc. Mr. Xeon Workstation > lapturd.

The main problem with OnePlus isn't really that they have bad hardware. (It is rather ok, just limited to less carriers and usually 1 or 2 things done goofed in it) but that the company started out with shady ****ty marketing and service and have consistently given us enough of that Still, that makes people cringe every time they do it, again and again.

The Essential did start out pretty rough. (I got it preordered at $800 lol, then promptly returned it). They have gotten out monthly update though, updated the camera a crap ton, and the price dropped to a reasonable level for its specs ($399-499 based on sale). When Sprint had a deal for $190 total in the Flex Lease that made it stupid good value considering it does have specs inline with all the other flagships of today minus the OnePlus level of ram. The software is still a bit hit or miss, but to say Essential hasn't improved since launch is just taking the online first hands on reviews and trusting them as solid fact. Yea like most things in the tech industry, things can change... Fast.

But then again, for you, its actually a perfect match.

On the Flipside, another phone to compare specs with is the new Razer phone. Made by the guys who made the Robin really. Specs that beat the OnePlus for a little bit more and speakers that make the large bezels worth it as well as a 120hz phone screen.
all the online reviews are people who have the phone in hand, retard. But nah...you're right. Everyone is wrong except you. Do what you will, JustinTT, but I'm telling my dad to roll the dice on the 5T.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #25
IM0001

Sooo..... Since I have had it in hand, but didn't make a YouTube video for it, I'm just Wrong?

In that case, why the hell do you even ask here?

2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
Old 12-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #26
beanbat

Quote:
Sooo..... Since I have had it in hand, but didn't make a YouTube video for it, I'm just Wrong?

In that case, why the hell do you even ask here?
You're just wrong because there are literally about 25 people/official reviews praising this phone and then there's little old you trying to be "about something" by being contrary. Seriously, how do you explain the fact that everyone seems to like it but you? Everyone else is wrong? You're smarter/better than literally everyone else who has played with the phone? Give me a break.

And I asked here before I read all that shiit because I wanted an easy answer. It wasn't until last night that I read all the crap online for myself. The phone should be at my parents house by Xmas. I'll play with it over the holiday and can then have first hand knowledge.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #27
331 LX

Quote:
I flushed that shiit out earlier this morning...can you resend?
Check now.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #28
Blck92GT

I have it and contrary to what IM001 says it's great. Awesome performance all around and the battery life is the best of any phone I've ever had. People complain about the camera and how it's not as good as the Pixel or whatever model phone but guess what it costs alot less too. I buy a phone to call, text and surf not take professional shots from.

Last week my work got Note 8s for us as and it's hard to believe that these phones share the same chip because the 5T is so much "snappier" and smoother. In benchmarks they may be similar but in real world use the 5T is so much better. The Note is just a TouchWiz bloated, POS imo. I would have returned it in a heart beat if I actually spent money on it.

Word of caution....don't get the OnePlus tempered glass screen protector. It s fit and finish is second to none but you lose so much touch response it's unreal. Currently waiting on a new case to arrive so I can test out the new protector I have sitting here.
Blck92GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #29
Blck92GT

Quote:

Please do elaborate on this shady, shiitty marketing for the 5T. I hear their customer service isn't the greatest overall (it seems some people have great experiences while others have horror stories) but I think some people expect far too much. This isn't a $1000 apple or Google product though aside from the camera it performs right between the two.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #30
Hammer
Stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post
Just buy a Samsung Galaxy S8 and call it done.
i just got one on tuesday my iphone 6 turned into a piece of ****, just as all my previous iphones have. apple is garbage. got the regular S8, not the plus or active. i had the iphone 6plus and it was too big. the S8 screen is nearly the same in a smaller device because of less wasted space. so far i like it. it is taking a bit of time to get used to after having used apple for so long but im happy i switched over

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #31
Blck92GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
i just got one on tuesday my iphone 6 turned into a piece of ****, just as all my previous iphones have. apple is garbage. got the regular S8, not the plus or active. i had the iphone 6plus and it was too big. the S8 screen is nearly the same in a smaller device because of less wasted space. so far i like it. it is taking a bit of time to get used to after having used apple for so long but im happy i switched over
Have you rooted it yet? I've been running the FrankenKernel for weeks now and it's smoother than the stock kernel with even better battery life and screen on time.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #32
Blck92GT

Disregard my previous post I was thinking you got the 5T.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #33
GNwes
meh

Hey bean whats your verdict on the 5t?
And oh yeah I bought a pixel 2 xl. Its a piece of dogsh!t and i'm getting a refund on it.
GNwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #34
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNwes View Post
Hey bean whats your verdict on the 5t?
And oh yeah I bought a pixel 2 xl. Its a piece of dogsh!t and i'm getting a refund on it.
I was looking for this thread the other day. I played with the 5T over Xmas, and decided to pick one up for myself. I've been using it now for ~4 weeks, and so far so good. Every time I get a new android device, there are always small annoyances with the slightly different GUIs, settings, options, etc, and that's really been the only complaint with the 5T. It's also a little bit too big, IMO. It still fits in my pocket OK, but I would prefer it to be a bit smaller.

My other complaint is that it's GSM only, so I'm stuck with AT&T or Tmobile, which both suck ass in terms of coverage. My previous phone was CDMA with Verizon, and I liked the coverage of that one much better.

What's wrong with the XL?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #35
GNwes
meh

Quote:
I was looking for this thread the other day. I played with the 5T over Xmas, and decided to pick one up for myself. I've been using it now for ~4 weeks, and so far so good. Every time I get a new android device, there are always small annoyances with the slightly different GUIs, settings, options, etc, and that's really been the only complaint with the 5T. It's also a little bit too big, IMO. It still fits in my pocket OK, but I would prefer it to be a bit smaller.

My other complaint is that it's GSM only, so I'm stuck with AT&T or Tmobile, which both suck ass in terms of coverage. My previous phone was CDMA with Verizon, and I liked the coverage of that one much better.

The first one they sent me had a dead pixel. The second one had serious issues with the fingerprint sensor working only 20% of the time. The third one i got yesterday, the oleophobic coating seems to be peeling off the screen and the battery life is only about half as good as the first two. I'm either extremely unlucky or there is absolutely no QA at the place these things are made. I'm done trying and they offered me a refund so i accepted.

I have att so i'm good on that part. It's actually the only service that works inside the buildings at work.
GNwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #36
IM0001

Well might want to keep tabs on your CC if you bought a OnePlus between Nov-Jan

And for Blck92GT. It was a bit farther back, but this was kind of their start that they have continued to do things that are just a bit off ever since consistently.

2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
Old 01-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #37
Cloud
Burger maker watcherer

Quote:

Straight Talk not an option?

Quote:
Oiginally Posted by Sweetriverphil
The vikings wrote songs about women like her. They wrote them to sing to children who were misbehaving. One of the more famous ones roughly translates to, "The woman who lays with the black bear and makes the ground tremble will leak ass fluid all over your woven blankets"
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #38
beanbat

Quote:
Well might want to keep tabs on your CC if you bought a OnePlus between Nov-Jan

And for Blck92GT. It was a bit farther back, but this was kind of their start that they have continued to do things that are just a bit off ever since consistently.
did a OneTouch employee fvck your gf or something?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #39
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Straight Talk not an option?
That's who I have. Well, tracfone, but it's the same company. The limitation is on the OnePlus side. It doesn't support the right CDMA bands, so I'm stuck with the GSM towers and am therefore limited to ATT or Tmobile (Tracfone/Straight Talk don't have their own towers and lease from the larger providers).

Old 01-25-2018, 03:20 PM   #40
Cloud
Burger maker watcherer

Quote:
That's who I have. Well, tracfone, but it's the same company. The limitation is on the OnePlus side. It doesn't support the right CDMA bands, so I'm stuck with the GSM towers and am therefore limited to ATT or Tmobile (Tracfone/Straight Talk don't have their own towers and lease from the larger providers).

Well that sucks. I've only bought (used) Verizon Galaxy devices, haven't had any trouble with ST. Any chance there's a company specific OnePlus model? (Sprint, ATT, etc).

Quote:
Oiginally Posted by Sweetriverphil
The vikings wrote songs about women like her. They wrote them to sing to children who were misbehaving. One of the more famous ones roughly translates to, "The woman who lays with the black bear and makes the ground tremble will leak ass fluid all over your woven blankets"
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote