Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Old 06-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #81
El Immigrante
I'm SPIC-tacular!

Location: Tijuana, Mexico (This ain't no playground, we'll cut ya bitch!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin View Post
can we be friends?
Jes. Just please don't stop posting true stories.
El Immigrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #82
Scud
> WMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
It makes perfect sense, I've had 10ish years to make this work in a profitable way. Also keep in mind I set most of these tanks up to be virtually autonomous. Keeping these things alive and the tank looking good sometimes means refilling an auto feeder, adding water to a top off bucket and adding 50ml of chemicals (5-20 min). I also don't charge by the hour I charge by the system. If something goes wrong and it takes 10 hours to fix it is what it is and comes out of my pocket. That said some of these systems are 2500/month to maintain and it takes 20 min. I set them all up to be essential iron clad, lots of them have hardware to host websites where I also have remote control and the ability to check vitals from my phone.

Regular maintenance still happens in the spring/summer but nobody cares or spends any additional money on it (they're traveling or someplace else for the summer usually offices are a ghost town). For the most part things are on cruise control, each person working knows what they're responsible for, I do a couple of tanks I care about/ months and that's that (usually one or two days of 9am-3pm. There is barely ever a new setup in the summer or anything that requires my doing anything beyond scheduling and paperwork (max 5 hours per week). In the fall people come back, want to spend money... New setups start coming in etc etc and that's when I actually have to do shyt.

Also scud only thinks I spend money like "water" because he's poor... I posted about lawn care and buying a lawn care tool... that's not exactly ballin out of control IMO.
Lol look how upset you are

You're not fooling anyone. And yea I'm so poor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
There's more proof that God exists compared to global warming.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #83
ka0tyk

dont see anything wrong with it, just dont pretend to be something you're not, hiding behind the monitor... you'll get called out.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #84
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
Lol look how upset you are

You're not fooling anyone. And yea I'm so poor
I'm just answering his question. As for it "not adding up" to be fair iTunes also don't add up for you so nobody expects you to understand.

Also on edit: are you drinking again?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #85
beanbat

Quote:
It makes perfect sense, I've had 10ish years to make this work in a profitable way. Also keep in mind I set most of these tanks up to be virtually autonomous. Keeping these things alive and the tank looking good sometimes means refilling an auto feeder, adding water to a top off bucket and adding 50ml of chemicals (5-20 min). I also don't charge by the hour I charge by the system. If something goes wrong and it takes 10 hours to fix it is what it is and comes out of my pocket. That said some of these systems are 2500/month to maintain and it takes 20 min. I set them all up to be essential iron clad, lots of them have hardware to host websites where I also have remote control and the ability to check vitals from my phone.

Regular maintenance still happens in the spring/summer but nobody cares or spends any additional money on it (they're traveling or someplace else for the summer usually offices are a ghost town). For the most part things are on cruise control, each person working knows what they're responsible for, I do a couple of tanks I care about/ months and that's that (usually one or two days of 9am-3pm. There is barely ever a new setup in the summer or anything that requires my doing anything beyond scheduling and paperwork (max 5 hours per week). In the fall people come back, want to spend money... New setups start coming in etc etc and that's when I actually have to do shyt.

Also scud only thinks I spend money like "water" because he's poor... I posted about lawn care and buying a lawn care tool... that's not exactly ballin out of control IMO.
bullshiit...post a screen grab from one of these 'remote managed' systems right meow.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:46 PM   #86
96gts4.6L
BDRA #000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hollywood View Post

No one ever really leaves (Wank's even reading this post).
I love the threads here. Best place to get so to speak, up to date news on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Immigrante View Post
Well looky here. Finally managed to escape from under "Tons o' Fun", tough guy?
Yeah, it bothered me at first, but I don't care. Life's too short to hold grudges against people I don't even really know. So, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Immigrante View Post
I genuinely dislike this guy.
You need to figure out how to like yourself first. And then you can worry about others. Keep me out of that sh*t.......

Maybe you think I'm racist, when in fact, I'm an equal opportunity racist. I just hate on all races.

I don't post much anymore, cause there's not really much to say anymore. This place is what it is, a bunch of old dudes, with free time during all hours of the day, complaining about the world like a bunch of old dudes would. It's perfect. It's like our government.
96gts4.6L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #87
JustinTT

I'd want all my posts deleted too after threatening someone online with bodily harm. Guess the moderators also missed this private message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WankMyYoda (Private Message)
Congrats. You just put yourself on the list.

Good job, dip****.
I have deemed Mr. E's recent threats as credible and have already contacted the Lake County Sheriffs department for a resolution.
JustinTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #88
Cream Puff
Mod with Fox with Mods >*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTT View Post
I'd want all my posts deleted too after threatening someone online with bodily harm. Guess the moderators also missed this private message.

I have deemed Mr. E's recent threats as credible and have already contacted the Lake County Sheriffs department for a resolution.
'the list'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky
She could be a serial killer, and I would still love her tenderly every night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkin
Everywhere I go, I leave a trail of super models that are bow-legged and bruised.
Cream Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #89
Matador
MWBC #99

Quote:

Do you know him or have you guys met in the past? How would he know anything about you?

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #90
forum354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Note that if we move to a more mainstream facebook style, snowflake, corporate site... people like beanbat would be insta banned (without a second thought).. not just him but several.

soo.. in terms "this place" .. yeah.. I put money into it to try to bring in MORE people in a more snowflake like environment... beanbat is gone... sorry beanbat but you understand and a few others.. right off the bat.. those are day one perma bans.

This is why I'm in no big rush because im not sure the world needs another facebook..

I WILL however be moving to an AWS style hosting that includes managed VBB hosting which will open up user registration, mobile access, etc..

getting NEW people here is no problem AT ALL (at all)... its keeping them and everyone playing together thats the problem..

People here have to think about that when talking about "this place is dead".... in its current state its FAR from that... dead places dont get hundreds of thread views in this short order.. check any other mustang site thats not forum based and you'll see what I mean. It's not the same 24 people.. its a TON more than that.. lurker numbers I may have to put like no other site I seen (mustang site anyway).

watch out what you wish for.. making this place more "alive" in a more snowflake like environment could possibly require removal of many users including you (you reading this post, insert your name here) if you "get out of line" and all the rest of the facebook user agreement bullshiit..

So its a fine balance... having a place where people post or get entertained at should be priority and shear "number" of people is down the list..

the more people we want.. the "cleaner" we will have to be... no other choice.

edit: "cleaner" is the wrong word.. more "in line" probably ? either way I'd be banned elsewhere for sure with stuff I post here as well.. so there is a little bit of "practice what you preach" going on here for myself as well.
Give us an example of these "lurkers" you speak of...
forum354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #91
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
bullshiit...post a screen grab from one of these 'remote managed' systems right meow.

it is a pretty neat system... plug in or wifi, you plug everything into it's own power strip giving you on/off... Somethings wifi into it like lighting/leak detectors/camera depending on how it's setup. Water condition probes go into the filter and spider back to the controller. Host the site and you're left with complete control of everything.

It will even txt/email if a value goes out of the set conditions... It also datalogs so if there is some mystery problem you can trouble shoot things.

This is a dashboard of on/off functions of various things on this system so say in the event it emails saying temp is out of range I can turn off a heater and go to a backup, or run the chiller harder, etc etc. Or a leak I can shut the tank down remotely. Customer calls b|tching about the lights I can hone the schedule etc etc etc

I put these on most commercial tanks and the residential ones who will fork over the bux because it isn't cheap.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 PM   #92
Mr Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96gts4.6L View Post

Maybe you think I'm racist, when in fact, I'm an equal opportunity racist.
Mr Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #93
Scud
> WMY

Look at berad screenshotting and explaining away

How triggered are you bro?
Quote:
There's more proof that God exists compared to global warming.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #94
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
Look at berad screenshotting and explaining away

How triggered are you bro?
Again he asked a question and I answered it... Stop drinking at your desk
Old 06-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #95
El Immigrante
I'm SPIC-tacular!

Location: Tijuana, Mexico (This ain't no playground, we'll cut ya bitch!)
Quote:

th3 int3rw3bs is serious bitness.
El Immigrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #96
ka0tyk

Quote:

I put these on most commercial tanks and the residential ones who will fork over the bux because it isn't cheap.
your next step should be engineering the box on your own and selling it as a product to your lineup. nothing inside of that box is very complex, and id bet its as simple as an arduino or raspberry pi controlling everything. simple on/off and analog port monitoring to files and displaying them in a web browser and notifying via conditionals. do it!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #97
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0tyk View Post
your next step should be engineering the box on your own and selling it as a product to your lineup. nothing inside of that box is very complex, and id bet its as simple as an arduino or raspberry pi controlling everything. simple on/off and analog port monitoring to files and displaying them in a web browser and notifying via conditionals. do it!
It's all pretty simple but that would take forever programming the sensors to work properly... The on/off stuff sure, measuring some resistance plugged into some formula to output a realistic value is out of my realm. Plus all this shyt is protected... The boards are dipped and sealed, all the plugs/wires are water proof... Something like a rasp pi wouldn't last long exposed to a filter room.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #98
Matador
MWBC #99

Quote:
It's all pretty simple but that would take forever programming the sensors to work properly... The on/off stuff sure, measuring some resistance plugged into some formula to output a realistic value is out of my realm. Plus all this shyt is protected... The boards are dipped and sealed, all the plugs/wires are water proof... Something like a rasp pi wouldn't last long exposed to a filter room.
I know an electrical engineer that would create the program and market the system to orher fish people. He posts on mw

Old 06-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #99
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I know an electrical engineer that would create the program and market the system to orher fish people. He posts on mw
it's not worth his time or mine... plus I'd get tired of being like "how's progress?" And him being like that algorithm for the cloud cover lighting effects was so simple a retard could do it... a retard! How dumb are you?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #100
jmlufkins
Penisjuan is a dick :)

Quote:
it's not worth his time or mine... plus I'd get tired of being like "how's progress?" And him being like that algorithm for the cloud cover lighting effects was so simple a retard could do it... a retard! How dumb are you?
i almost know who you're talking about
Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #101
JustinTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Do you know him or have you guys met in the past? How would he know anything about you?
No, and uncertain.

All I do know is that leftlibtards (especially "medicated" ones) are dangerous these days and you underestimate them at your own peril.
JustinTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #102
Matador
MWBC #99

Quote:
No, and uncertain.

All I do know is that leftlibtards (especially "medicated" ones) are dangerous these days and you underestimate them at your own peril.
True

Old 06-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #103
beanbat

Quote:

it is a pretty neat system... plug in or wifi, you plug everything into it's own power strip giving you on/off... Somethings wifi into it like lighting/leak detectors/camera depending on how it's setup. Water condition probes go into the filter and spider back to the controller. Host the site and you're left with complete control of everything.

It will even txt/email if a value goes out of the set conditions... It also datalogs so if there is some mystery problem you can trouble shoot things.

This is a dashboard of on/off functions of various things on this system so say in the event it emails saying temp is out of range I can turn off a heater and go to a backup, or run the chiller harder, etc etc. Or a leak I can shut the tank down remotely. Customer calls b|tching about the lights I can hone the schedule etc etc etc

Why would the customer pay you to put that in? Isn't this you just making your own job easier?

Oh, and does it have a cell connection or do you rely on the customer having wifi?
Old 06-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #104
beanbat

Quote:
I'd put a backdoor in it so I could hit a red button on my desk and boil all the fish for all your stupid customers.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #105
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream Puff View Post
'the list'

And since I know Wank is reading this, owning > renting

the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #106
Matador
MWBC #99

Quote:
I'd put a backdoor in it so I could hit a red button on my desk and boil all the fish for all your stupid customers.

Youre on a rawl today

Old 06-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #107
SUMrTOY
AWPW n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0tyk View Post
lol why would he do that when he can charge someone a fortune to install that thing when it's a few hundred bucks cost out of the box? Not to mention he can probably charge for a monitoring service when it's all out of the box functionality?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:13 PM   #108
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Why would the customer pay you to put that in? Isn't this you just making your own job easier?

Oh, and does it have a cell connection or do you rely on the customer having wifi?
I sell it as insurance "If you get this it'll be unlikely your tank crashes and you lose everything." I charge a monthly monitoring fee which extends the warranty of anything I add.

No cell connection it needs wifi or a jack point.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMrTOY View Post
lol why would he do that when he can charge someone a fortune to install that thing when it's a few hundred bucks cost out of the box? Not to mention he can probably charge for a monitoring service when it's all out of the box functionality?
This.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #109
FearFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
oh please, you ain't got sh!t. I'm all truth
hhahahahahahahaha
Old 06-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #110
womanizer

I will always need a place to talk about pvssy and eating azz.
womanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #111
Hammer

damn i missed all the fun i see that my thread asking WMY about his car is all gone now didnt even intend it to go that way, was legit curious.

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #112
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
Again he asked a question and I answered it... Stop drinking behind the wheel
Fix.T
Old 06-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #113
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Fix.T
Old 06-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #114
Innoc
Me V 2.0

Quote:

MWOGC MWGC
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote