Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Lightbulb Picked Up New Car For Wife

Wife was looking for a new car and wanted an SUV. Was considering a Tesla Model X or a BMW X3 or something along those lines. Ended up picking up a Porsche Macan Turbo. It's not a bad car for what it is. I still prefer cars to SUVs as I think that they handle a lot better but for her it'll work out. The thing moves pretty well as 0 - 60 is in the mid to high 3s. Has about 400HP and decent options on it. Personally I think it looks best in black but I'm not keeping cars up like I used to in the old days of washing and waxing weekly to keep swirls marks out. She wanted white and I at least wanted the 21" rims. A few pictures of it:







I'll take some more pictures here soon. We still have Tesla Model 3 and a few other cars but some are going back on lease fairly soon. This one we bought simply because normally Porsche doesn't lease well.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
silvr00stang
what
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Balls
Posts: 16,434
You are strong.
silvr00stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #3
ChadS99SVT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CO
Posts: 13,894
Nice. Would love one of those for the wife.

We almost picked up a X3 M40 but ended up with a nice but boring RX350. Itís what she wanted so canít argue to much
__________________
MWBC#3 :

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
ChadS99SVT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #4
Conquistador
En la bolsa de valor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: in the markets
Posts: 607
Very nice! Congrats

What are the lease deals like?
__________________
semi-smart fvcker
Conquistador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
OFF
Master of Lost Arts
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 37,171
$2400 every time it's due for service?? I'll pass thanks.
OFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
v6RIOT
kevins colon likes UPS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 36,968
Liked them but they are just too small.
v6RIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #7
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS99SVT View Post
Nice. Would love one of those for the wife.

We almost picked up a X3 M40 but ended up with a nice but boring RX350. Itís what she wanted so canít argue to much
We thought of the X3 as my 3 series is going back and if we got another it would save me paying the lease disposition fee. They're nice. Nothing wrong with Lexus. It's a nice car as you mentioned. Not a lot of soul in it but that's not the intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
Very nice! Congrats

What are the lease deals like?
I'm not sure. I don't lease Porsches that I pick up. My Cayman S and this we bought. Typically Porsche money factors (interest rates) are not that great combined with weak residuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFF View Post
$2400 every time it's due for service?? I'll pass thanks.
For my Cayman S a local dealer quoted me $1k for service. I went with a local respected independent shop and they did the service for about $250. Still more than a Camry of course but a lot cheaper. Thankfully this one is good for 18 months till service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
Liked them but they are just too small.
Yeah it's all relative to what you need. The Cayenne is a bit bigger but then you lose a bit more of the driving dynamics. If you need a Tahoe or Q7 type of vehicle then this definitely isn't it. I only have one five year old along with the wife and I so it's plenty big for that.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #8
blk95mustang
magnum.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 7,184
terry would approve.
__________________
PS4 = Mystrb

Black 95 Ford Mustang GT: SOLD
Blue 04 Subaru WRX Cobb Stage 2: SOLD
White Metallic 18 Volkswagen GTI S DSG

blk95mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:59 PM   #9
Sage Francis
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2,255
Best choice for that category. Drives more like a Cayman than a suv.

I love teslas but I'm not a fan of the x for several reasons. S and 3 all day, x, no.
Sage Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #10
Scud
Very stable genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Union County, NJ
Posts: 24,234
But are you a 1%er?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime GT View Post
You're too stupid to quantify how intelligent or unintelligent I am, so quit pretending you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
There's more proof that God exists compared to global warming.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:58 AM   #11
Mishkin
AdmÔnistrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: 3rd world
Posts: 28,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
But are you a 1%er?
maybe he should share it with you so its "equal" .... right?



__________________
Support farmers - Eat Beef and American Lamb
Mishkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:03 AM   #12
Stalkerfiveo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ATL
Posts: 29,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
But are you a 1%er?
What a jealous cuck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
I didn't vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
I'd take the chick with a c0ck
Stalkerfiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:54 AM   #13
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Francis View Post
Best choice for that category. Drives more like a Cayman than a suv.

I love teslas but I'm not a fan of the x for several reasons. S and 3 all day, x, no.
Yeah it's relatively fun to drive which is why I wanted to pick it up.

I like the Model X and came close to getting one. They have a business tax deduction about it. Not as much fun to drive as the Macan Turbo but still pretty cool.

Obviously love the tech associated with Tesla. The doors I got used to within two or three minutes and the effect wore off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
But are you a 1%er?
We've been on this same forum for 17 years. That's a ton of time.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:51 AM   #14
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 31,769
I thought you got her rr sport?
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:18 AM   #15
v6RIOT
kevins colon likes UPS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 36,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
I thought you got her rr sport?
Now that’s an suv
v6RIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #16
Scud
Very stable genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Union County, NJ
Posts: 24,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Yeah it's relatively fun to drive which is why I wanted to pick it up.

I like the Model X and came close to getting one. They have a business tax deduction about it. Not as much fun to drive as the Macan Turbo but still pretty cool.

Obviously love the tech associated with Tesla. The doors I got used to within two or three minutes and the effect wore off.



We've been on this same forum for 17 years. That's a ton of time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime GT View Post
You're too stupid to quantify how intelligent or unintelligent I am, so quit pretending you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
There's more proof that God exists compared to global warming.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #17
The Rick
03+ members = :nono2:
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 39,752
I think you made a great choice compared to the model X. I've had two traded in at work and both had sh1tty fit and finish with under 10k miles on each. The doors are clunky, interior rattles, seems to have high interior noise for the price range (both had MSRP's in the ~120k range)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4me2have2
yep looks like if police can get away with it.. why cant we

damn cops.. that is why i dont like them rolling up behind me in their cars,, talking on the phone , running my tag,, waitting on me to just touch the white/yellow line with my tires,, just to hit the light swith and pull me over to get me on some bull s,,, like no insurance or no licence,, or having a beer on the pass. side seat..

damn cops
The Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #18
Glenn
Just some dude
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 61,207
Looks bad ass
__________________

My Homepage: Glennmoller.com, MWGC#2
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #19
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
I think you made a great choice compared to the model X. I've had two traded in at work and both had sh1tty fit and finish with under 10k miles on each. The doors are clunky, interior rattles, seems to have high interior noise for the price range (both had MSRP's in the ~120k range)
I hear you. Itís a big unknown on the tesla side. They have these business rebates but I wouldnít drive it for work myself so it was a bit unknown. They are pricey. My wife likes it.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #20
Sage Francis
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I hear you. It’s a big unknown on the tesla side. They have these business rebates but I wouldn’t drive it for work myself so it was a bit unknown. They are pricey. My wife likes it.
Unknown for x yes, s and 3 are solid.

Funny enough the roadster is an absolute blast to drive, but hope you don't have any fillings in your teeth.
Sage Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #21
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 31,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
Now thatís an suv
Was that you? I know some mofo did it up rite for his baby mommuhz
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #22
v6RIOT
kevins colon likes UPS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 36,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
Was that you? I know some mofo did it up rite for his baby mommuhz
I kinda want one for myself now
v6RIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #23
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 31,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
I kinda want one for myself now
Git urself a full size supercharged
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:18 AM   #24
BONESTOCK
:niglaugh:
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 16,302
Nice! My wife's looking at those, Jag E-pace, Jag I-pace, Merc GLC, and X6.
__________________
2004 Mach 1 "BONESTOCK"
BONESTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #25
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESTOCK View Post
Nice! My wife's looking at those, Jag E-pace, Jag I-pace, Merc GLC, and X6.
You can't go wrong with probably any of them. Everyone has pros/cons. The driving experience and performance of the Macan is great but technology aspects are a bit behind.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #26
BONESTOCK
:niglaugh:
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 16,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
You can't go wrong with probably any of them. Everyone has pros/cons. The driving experience and performance of the Macan is great but technology aspects are a bit behind.
Nice!
__________________
2004 Mach 1 "BONESTOCK"
BONESTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #27
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 54,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESTOCK View Post
Nice! My wife's looking at those, Jag E-pace, Jag I-pace, Merc GLC, and X6.
wife? Didn't learn your lesson the first time, eh? Hey, I got an idea...why not buy her another red mach 1?
__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #28
BONESTOCK
:niglaugh:
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 16,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
wife? Didn't learn your lesson the first time, eh? Hey, I got an idea...why not buy her another red mach 1?
My garage right now!

__________________
2004 Mach 1 "BONESTOCK"
BONESTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #29
Ryan Autry
RevHard or dont Rev @ All
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Fresno, California
Posts: 37,143
Looks great, Jeff.

I thought of you the other day when I saw this R come across BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gra-type-r-11/

Ryan Autry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #30
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Autry View Post
Looks great, Jeff.

I thought of you the other day when I saw this R come across BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gra-type-r-11/

I just had the rims powder coated black with the machine finish around the edge:



That Type R is great. It's amazing that it went for $40k. I bought mine for $20k. Drove it for 2-3 years and then sold it for $20k. Only other car that I've ever seen take almost no depreciation was my GT-R. That car was a ton of fun.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:04 PM   #31
jmlufkins
Penisjuan is a dick :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: I watch servers break
Posts: 17,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I just had the rims powder coated black with the machine finish around the edge:



That Type R is great. It's amazing that it went for $40k. I bought mine for $20k. Drove it for 2-3 years and then sold it for $20k. Only other car that I've ever seen take almost no depreciation was my GT-R. That car was a ton of fun.
Should have got an appreciating foxbody.
Bought the GT for $7500 and will sell it for twice that as soon as it's discovered in a barn somewhere.
__________________
jmlufkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:13 PM   #32
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 31,769
Eh I like stock color wheels more, maybe if they were a gun metal or flat black, the gloss doesn't look very good IMO. Very nice wife car regardless
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:17 AM   #33
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
Eh I like stock color wheels more, maybe if they were a gun metal or flat black, the gloss doesn't look very good IMO. Very nice wife car regardless
I get it. Everyone has their own likes. For what itís worth with Porsche you can get any color wheel you want. Standard is silver but then mine came with platinum satin but the glossy black is another option.

You can even get the color of your car in the wheel. So youíll see some Porsche models with blue or red cars and the same blue or red wheels.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:20 AM   #34
Jeff
TRL Stealth Bomba
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 27,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlufkins View Post
Should have got an appreciating foxbody.
Bought the GT for $7500 and will sell it for twice that as soon as it's discovered in a barn somewhere.
Haha. The one thing that I donít have a lot of is garage space. Some of my neighbors have four car garages but my house while great has less. Already parking BMW in the front.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2012 Mustangworld.com