Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #1
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Mishkin

Is it just me or did plywood price go up like 300%?

When I did subfloor in the living room/bedrooms (purchased before covid) I swear that shyt was $15-20/ 4x8 3/4"... I bought enough and stored it where I was able to do the kitchen and a couple of other rooms. Finally ran out and am doing another room and just paid $160 for 3 sheets of 1/2
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 58,287
It's just you. They see your dumb ass pulling in and change all the price tags.
__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:13 PM   #3
Stalkerfiveo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ATL
Posts: 31,673
Why are you asking a goat salesman about lumber prices?



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WankMyYoda View Post
I literally changed how the entire planet makes hash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
I'd take the chick with a c0ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
Fvck yeah I suck a mean dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hollywood View Post
Before it's asked "Mr Hollywood, what are you hitting?". I like cross eyed dwarfs that have down syndrome.
Stalkerfiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:36 PM   #4
Darius
Black Stallion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,821
All material prices are wonky right now. Something about covid or some shiit.

Steel prices too. Can barely get a quote and execute a contract before the supplier/fabricator is crying that he lost his margin on the material
__________________
Love your neighbor
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #5
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
It's just you. They see your dumb ass pulling in and change all the price tags.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
Why are you asking a goat salesman about lumber prices?





Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
All material prices are wonky right now. Something about covid or some shiit.

Steel prices too. Can barely get a quote and execute a contract before the supplier/fabricator is crying that he lost his margin on the material
This is from 6 months ago

"Plywood is up 90.3% from a year ago. Its wholesale cost rose from $268 per 1,000 square feet to $510, according to Sherrill. OSB, or oriented strand board (a composite panel similar to plywood) is up a whopping 152%, from $170 a year ago to $428 currently."
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:51 PM   #6
Alex
ET2(ss)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 45,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
"Plywood is up 90.3% from a year ago. Its wholesale cost rose from $268 per 1,000 square feet to $510, according to Sherrill. OSB, or oriented strand board (a composite panel similar to plywood) is up a whopping 152%, from $170 a year ago to $428 currently." [/I]
holy f...

sofa king glad I got my home project done about a year ago
__________________
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:14 PM   #7
Mr Hollywood
Posts: 71,000
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 71,000
Posts: 25,932
Is this plywood--wood in general-- price increase for real? I only trust Mshkin and Steeldust on such topics.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowAsStock View Post
They will literally change the rules and make things up to remove a duly-elected president that they don't like.

And people applaud it. They're excited about it. Their democracy is being torn away from them and they're standing on the sidelines cheering, with their pitchforks in hand.
Mr Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:25 PM   #8
Alex
ET2(ss)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 45,910
I replaced the roof on an entire god damn house, fool

You seriously gotta be an ass hole about everything dont you
__________________
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:39 PM   #9
Mr Hollywood
Posts: 71,000
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 71,000
Posts: 25,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I replaced the roof on an entire god damn house, fool

You seriously gotta be an ass hole about everything dont you

Is this post directed at me? I wasn't considering your post at all. My post wasn't for anyone, but just saying I'd like to hear from Mshkin (who regularly does home improvement) or Steeldust, who is always building stuff on his own land, and studies these things.
I'd like to see if these dudes agree the cost of lumber has increased.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowAsStock View Post
They will literally change the rules and make things up to remove a duly-elected president that they don't like.

And people applaud it. They're excited about it. Their democracy is being torn away from them and they're standing on the sidelines cheering, with their pitchforks in hand.

Last edited by Mr Hollywood; 03-05-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Mr Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:06 PM   #10
Alex
ET2(ss)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 45,910
gaming chair
__________________
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:51 AM   #11
Mishkin
Admďnistrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: 3rd world
Posts: 30,503
lumber is at record prices. its just insane.

last year I thought it was bad.. . but its really bad right now.

a regular 2x4x8 will run you about 7.70 each.. vs. 2.00 - 2.50 each before.


a sheet of 1/2" OSB was around 7-8 bucks.. vs. 30 bucks now.


everything is like that.. I'm about to start building 2 buildings and its just nuts how much they are going to cost .. but i'm reading that the prices have hit a "new standard" and they won't be going down much.

ppl are building houses and remodeling like crazy since everyone is home. about 1.5 years ago lumber prices were a record LOW..... now a record HIGH.. just crazy.
__________________
Support farmers - Eat Beef and American Lamb
Mishkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:52 AM   #12
Mishkin
Admďnistrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: 3rd world
Posts: 30,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
All material prices are wonky right now. Something about covid or some shiit.

Steel prices too. Can barely get a quote and execute a contract before the supplier/fabricator is crying that he lost his margin on the material

yea I just bought some USED drill stem pipe for fence posts. I bought 32 pipes and 2 gates and it was 1,000 bucks.
__________________
Support farmers - Eat Beef and American Lamb
Mishkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:39 AM   #13
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin View Post
lumber is at record prices. its just insane.

last year I thought it was bad.. . but its really bad right now.

a regular 2x4x8 will run you about 7.70 each.. vs. 2.00 - 2.50 each before.


a sheet of 1/2" OSB was around 7-8 bucks.. vs. 30 bucks now.


everything is like that.. I'm about to start building 2 buildings and its just nuts how much they are going to cost .. but i'm reading that the prices have hit a "new standard" and they won't be going down much.

ppl are building houses and remodeling like crazy since everyone is home. about 1.5 years ago lumber prices were a record LOW..... now a record HIGH.. just crazy.

Yeah dude damn, wtf. Those prices are entirely too high. I don't buy the shyt very often but yesterday I was like "wait this def isn't right." I'm assuming fencing is the same way? I've got to do a couple of hundred feet, what is the best way to do that just buy panels or pickets? I noticed pickets there went from $5 for a pack of 13 to $30, so that sucks.
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:32 AM   #14
CGSVT
Prepare to Qualify ...
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Teh 661
Posts: 28,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin View Post
ppl are building houses and remodeling like crazy since everyone is home. about 1.5 years ago lumber prices were a record LOW..... now a record HIGH.. just crazy.
Yep, I'm getting new floors installed and I asked the contractor how business was. He said just that... he's working 12 hour days 7 days a week because people are home and staring at eyesores 16 waking hours a day rather than 3 or 4 like before. Couple that with soaring housing prices and super low interest rates, people are able to pull out equity for their little home projects.

Supply and demand.
__________________
Screaming Yellow '04 Cobra - Faster than a Z06 11.867 @118.27 (vid of run)/ '08 Escape Hybrid
CGSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #15
jmlufkins
Penisjuan is a dick :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: I watch servers break
Posts: 21,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hollywood View Post
Is this plywood--wood in general-- price increase for real? I only trust Mshkin and Steeldust on such topics.
Its all of it
Covid + Cali fires = high wood prices.
jmlufkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:49 AM   #16
Jay
Get off my lawn.
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 23,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
It's just you. They see your dumb ass pulling in and change all the price tags.
You don't talk to Berad like that.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:02 AM   #17
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
You don't talk to Berad like that.
He's so mean to everyone
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:48 AM   #18
MrsElImmigrante
Viva Trump!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wherever Patti is.
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
He's so mean to everyone
berad, please text and let me know if I need to flex on that desert rat with real “wealth.”
MrsElImmigrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:51 AM   #19
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsElImmigrante View Post
berad, please text and let me know if I need to flex on that desert rat with real “wealth.”
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:28 PM   #20
Mishkin
Admďnistrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: 3rd world
Posts: 30,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
Yeah dude damn, wtf. Those prices are entirely too high. I don't buy the shyt very often but yesterday I was like "wait this def isn't right." I'm assuming fencing is the same way? I've got to do a couple of hundred feet, what is the best way to do that just buy panels or pickets? I noticed pickets there went from $5 for a pack of 13 to $30, so that sucks.
i'd build everything out of material. don't buy the premade panels. they build them pretty crappy and the fence usually looks liek sh!t unless the ground is 100% level. even then.. you have to make sure your posts are 100% exact.
__________________
Support farmers - Eat Beef and American Lamb
Mishkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:11 PM   #21
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 58,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsElImmigrante View Post
berad, please text and let me know if I need to flex on that desert rat with real “wealth.”
Be sure to bring your stepstool.
__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:23 PM   #22
Darius
Black Stallion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
He's so mean to everyone
Berad being so rad
__________________
Love your neighbor
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:39 PM   #23
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
Berad being so rad
IDK why he's so mean Darius... He could have tons of MW friends, but he chooses to be so hurtful.
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:42 PM   #24
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin View Post
i'd build everything out of material. don't buy the premade panels. they build them pretty crappy and the fence usually looks liek sh!t unless the ground is 100% level. even then.. you have to make sure your posts are 100% exact.
Thanks man, the ground def isn't level for at least 1/4 of it, which goes down a hill. The existing fence is steel, clad in pickets and then chain link going around the rest (which is level) I'll just use pickets and am going to replace the chain link.
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:46 PM   #25
Jay
Get off my lawn.
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 23,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
Be sure to bring your stepstool.
Alright, that's just funny. Sorry ElImitaty
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:09 AM   #26
wiseguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MD
Posts: 4,226
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal saying that the problem isn't in the supply of trees, it's the mills which are causing the shortages.
With the corona-crap, many mills went from multiple shifts to a single shift, or decreased the number of shifts and workers per shift, leading to decreased production.
Once more of the states where the mills reside start loosening their restrictions, production should resume to its former levels and prices should fall.
I sure hope they fall, because these prices are ridiculous.
wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:24 AM   #27
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 38,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal saying that the problem isn't in the supply of trees, it's the mills which are causing the shortages.
With the corona-crap, many mills went from multiple shifts to a single shift, or decreased the number of shifts and workers per shift, leading to decreased production.
Once more of the states where the mills reside start loosening their restrictions, production should resume to its former levels and prices should fall.
I sure hope they fall, because these prices are ridiculous.
That is interesting and hopefully they fall, it really is time to stop with this covid BS.
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:53 AM   #28
Hammer
Stop.
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 4,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post



__________________
95 GT vert, 331, DART SHP, Vortech V2-Si
2018 Explorer Sport, Livernois

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2012 Mustangworld.com