Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Old 11-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #41
MOIISKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
Sweet, good info dude. Any recommendations on a good bang for the buck example of one?

So long ago... On the reg I get Delmonico ribeye from this local butcher shop (good quality shop). I let them sit until they're fully room temp, tamper dry... little olive oil that I have sitting with minced garlic in it, sea salt, cracked pepper and tamper delicately by hand. I get my gas grill to the point the temp gauge is in the red... 650ish degrees (I usually achieve this by first cooking delicious sausages until their fat causes the grill to catch fire, quick splash of oil on the grill and throw the steaks on, 2 min each side then finish in the oven I usually cook them medium so it is about 5 min of 350 in the oven, pull them out, let stand for 5 min.

Ive had people over and they're like GODDAMN SON THIS IS GOOD AZZ GORMET ****... and I'm like "I know, there will be a bill before you go, cash only."

I go to friends house and they're all "tonight's menu is tater tots with a well done hot dog... and I'm over here with fvcking Delmonico steaks, whipped potatos... fvcking peppers I grew in my own yard... GODDAMN

Old 11-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #42
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFactor View Post
I use the Anova Culinary, it's like $129 I think.
Sweet will look into it
Old 11-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #43
teCh0010

Quote:
Sweet will look into it
Yeah, I would just get the regular Anova for 139.
teCh0010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:09 PM   #44
Sage Francis

Went with a Kamado joe II
Sage Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #45
ChadS99SVT

Quote:
Sweet will look into it
Best buy has a bunch of the Anova ones on sale right now. Costco has a complete kit for $200 at my local costco.
MWBC#3
ChadS99SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:21 AM   #46
chuckd

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
I'm not a fan of the insulated grills. You have to have the vents closed down in order to prevent the temperature from getting out of control. As a result, it's easier to get that acrid smoke taste in your food from starving the fuel of oxygen. I'm a big fan of the cheap weber kettle. Depending on how you load the coals, you can pretty much keep the vents wide open with any type of cooking.
This. We smoked a 12lb bird on the Webber for six hours Thursday. Was delicious. Charcoal or no grill for me.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #47
Stalkerfiveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
You really can't beat the convenience. I picked up a camp chef a year and a half ago on sale (I know I have a problem), and it works great. My gripe is you don't get much smoke flavor in the final product. I found you can supplement with a smoke tube, but it still doesn't match the flavor of smoking with charcoal and wood chunks. The problem is that the pellets are the heat source, so they don't smolder and create smoke. This is because the fan stokes the pellets up to get them providing heat. They do produce smoke briefly each time the control calls for heat and starts dumping pellets in, but once they ignite, they quit producing smoke. The thing to keep in mind is it works more like a convection oven with very light smoke. If you're planning on high radiant heat, you're going to be dissapointed. I plan on cooking my bird tomorrow in the camp chef since there'll be so much going on. It'll free the oven up inside for all of the other stuff.
Strong disagree fam. Mine smokes a LOT and provides great smoke penetration/smoke ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
I'd take the chick with a c0ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
Fvck yeah I suck a mean dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hollywood View Post
Before it's asked "Mr Hollywood, what are you hitting?". I like cross eyed dwarfs that have down syndrome.
Stalkerfiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #48
jjgalea
Bob Loblaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
IMO, pellet smoker is the way to go. 1000x the flavor of gas without the hassle of the Egg/Joe/etc. They’re great for smoking low and slow or grilling chicken and burgers. The only thing I don’t use it for is steak, but I’ve always preferred cast iron and seared for that.
Pellet smoker. Rec tec >

Many years of experience. You can cast iron AND finish in the smoker. Can do 200 or 500 degrees with a sear kit.

"Don't worry about what the markets are going to do, worry about what you are going to do in response to the markets." - Michael Carr

"If you understand the game, then you can play – otherwise you will be just prey." - Martin Armstrong
jjgalea is offline   Reply With Quote