Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Old 09-14-2017, 05:30 AM   #41
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB VOBRA View Post
it died because no one has a mustang any more

I think only me, berad, and fear factor still have a stang on here worth a shiit

'02 GT here, just hit 80k miles.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:32 AM   #42
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
I still have my 03 POS. My days of modding it are long gone, now I spend about $500-$1k a year repairing it to get it back on the road. I replaced almost everything wearable in it last year and this spring it still found a way to grenade itself
Passanger side door/window started rattling bad today for some reason when window is down. Now have to pull door apart and see what's up.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #43
Matador
MWBC #99

Why anyone would own a naturally aspirated car is beyond me

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:37 AM   #44
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
Passanger side door/window started rattling bad today for some reason when window is down. Now have to pull door apart and see what's up.
How you fix that is tape a towel below the window on the interior, roll the window all the way up, drape the towel over so it encloses the window from the outside and close the door. Next smash it with a small tackhammer (collect debris in towel) call safelite.

This assumes you have free glass coverage
Old 09-14-2017, 05:37 AM   #45
96gts4.6L
BDRA #000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
its far from dead...

MW Fo Lyfe
Glenn, what was the overall visits for yesterday by itself? I'm just curious. I work for a company that has a website, and a very sh*tty one at that. I want to make a comparison with this dude that works at the company with me. Really, I guess I just want a good laugh because it sounds to me like this place is still pretty darn busy and is not really going anywhere. Which is good to know!!!
96gts4.6L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:41 AM   #46
96gts4.6L
BDRA #000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
Yeah, but that's cheaper than what some people do, and they go and buy a whole new car just to fix a $3 problem.

Case in point, this lady was in the parking lot yesterday and some dude was giving her a jump due to her battery going dead. She drives like a 2013-14 TLX and she looks me directly in the eye with this disgusted look on her face and she says, "I need a new car...." And I said, just for a dead or dying battery? It's just silly I tell you.....
Old 09-14-2017, 05:45 AM   #47
jmlufkins
Penisjuan is a dick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Why anyone would own a naturally aspirated car is beyond me
Because being forged, blown, and nasty would diminish the value of my car when it's found in a barn 30 more years from now.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:07 AM   #48
JB VOBRA
E85 cheap.Tires expensive

I see that terminator joke went over a lot of mdub heads

03/04 cobrah still undefeated

JB VOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #49
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96gts4.6L View Post
I still have my 21 year old POS. In fact, she's running purdy good these days. Still have a fvcking mis-fire ever now and then, and it always seems to happen at the most in-opportune moment.
I just sold my 96GT a few months ago. It was still running strong, but the paint needed a lot of help from being parked outside on my RV pad for the last 10 years. It was still being driven every week, but it got kicked out of the garage.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #50
El Immigrante
I'm SPIC-tacular!

Location: Tijuana, Mexico (This ain't no playground, we'll cut ya bitch!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I just sold my 96GT a few months ago. It was still running strong, but the paint needed a lot of help from being parked outside on my RV pad for the last 10 years. It was still being driven every week, but it got kicked out of the garage.
How much did you dump into that thing when it was all said and done? My guess is close to 15k.
El Immigrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #51
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB VOBRA View Post
I see that terminator joke went over a lot of mdub heads

03/04 cobrah still undefeated

The thing does rip, last dyno I put down 532 (no clue now probably low 500's) more than enough juice where you can't use all that power from a dig which is why I think all these new 700hp cars on the market are dumb.

Even in my Suv (500hp) you get next to some clown in a billion HP dodge boat anchor at a red light who goes for it and you end up taking over his lane while he's trying to keep his car out of the median bus lengths behind you
Old 09-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #52
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Immigrante View Post
How much did you dump into that thing when it was all said and done? My guess is close to 15k.
That would cover the suspension sub-frame bracing and rear end work.

It got stripped when it was at a shop for some wiring repair after a mouse chewed on part of the engine harness, so all the stereo, interior bits and some of the other dress up parts were stolen. Insurance paid full pop on these parts since I had all the receipts, but I was pretty much done with the car at that point. It took a few years to admit that I was done and sell what was left though.

When it was all said and done and including the insurance payout, I got close to $15k, which is not bad at all.

Last edited by DZ; 09-14-2017 at 07:12 AM.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #53
John Patton
GEAUX Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
its far from dead...
This ONE thread on MW ALONE will get more views that digg.com's MAIN PAGE... much less actual single digit diggs on stories now

MW has a main page as well... I know the stats.. and 20 years later.. I'm still impressed.

as far as the messageboard... at any time (tomorrow, years from now, whenever) we can pump a limitless budget to re-promote to bring new users in if the VBB itself becomes the focus... but at the expense of changing the rules to more of a facebook style... which means a SHIIT TON of new users.... BUT the MW of today... gone... fvck up once.. perma banned, etc.. admins wont care since new people will be coming in every day anyway..
We have 700+views now in this thread, is that what we were getting typically back in 2003ish? Seems like when we had the f0rdpower Texas guys and the SoCal guys and hell even all the admins that we were at 4-5X the volume that we are at now

I appreciate the current close-knit Mdub community but I don't understand why we have lost so many people here in the last several years and also shut down new registration. I don't understand the VBB or any of the internal reasons on how to run a forum but what is the reason for losing most of the people here and not replacing them? How did it grow so fast in those early years but now growth isn't wanted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb24dagrk
what kind of retard calls it NOLA anyway?
John Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #54
96gts4.6L
BDRA #000

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Patton View Post
We have 700+views now in this thread, is that what we were getting typically back in 2003ish? Seems like when we had the f0rdpower Texas guys and the SoCal guys and hell even all the admins that we were at 4-5X the volume that we are at now

I appreciate the current close-knit Mdub community but I don't understand why we have lost so many people here in the last several years and also shut down new registration. I don't understand the VBB or any of the internal reasons on how to run a forum but what is the reason for losing most of the people here and not replacing them? How did it grow so fast in those early years but now growth isn't wanted?
So, does Beanbat and that one illegal guy want to explain this?

People have been ran off by the few.....
Old 09-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #55
John Patton
GEAUX Tigers

Quote:

I have watched them run one by one but why the closed reg?
Quote:
Old 09-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #56
96gts4.6L
BDRA #000

Quote:
I have watched them run one by one but why the closed reg?
I was never clear of that either. I used to post mostly in the tech section, if you could have ever really called it that. But, all those guys are gone. Heck even MySlow2002GT used to come around, but not anymore.

I think too many people lied about what they did or who they were and they were discovered as such. So to save face, they just ran......

Old 09-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #57
John Patton
GEAUX Tigers

Quote:
I was never clear of that either. I used to post mostly in the tech section, if you could have ever really called it that. But, all those guys are gone. Heck even MySlow2002GT used to come around, but not anymore.

I think too many people lied about what they did or who they were and they were discovered as such. So to save face, they just ran......

Chit that might account for a small % of the peeps running out but cant be the majority
Even the admins left
Quote:
Old 09-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #58
beanbat

Quote:

you're a total retard if you think I'm responsible for the 90% attrition we've seen here. I've run off a handful of people at best. Most of the ones who were run off were actually run off by the collective. They fvck up, overplay their hand, and then take their ball and go home all while bawling their butthurt little eyes out.

But the vast, vast, VAST majority of people left because people grew up and because message boards are a dying medium. VBB is dated, clumsy, and slow. Forums don't really have a place in the modern internet.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #59
jpetre

I think people are now getting information a different way, there are several car groups I am on with Facebook. It is easy, great graphics, grab the information but you still have people that are jerks.

Comes with the territory, overall this is still a fun place to burn some time when you have it.

99 White Cobra / Tan Int. Gone 7-29-02
03 Mach 1 / Dark Interior Gone 6-02-07
07 Roush 427R Vista Blue / White Stripes
** 2008 Pearl White Ducati 848 **
jpetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #60
MySlow2002GT
Engine Tech N00b

Quote:

I'm still here, nothing to run from
MySlow2002GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #61
Innoc
Me V 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
you're a total retard if you think I'm responsible for the 90% attrition we've seen here. I've run off a handful of people at best. Most of the ones who were run off were actually run off by the collective. They fvck up, overplay their hand, and then take their ball and go home all while bawling their butthurt little eyes out.

But the vast, vast, VAST majority of people left because people grew up and because message boards are a dying medium. VBB is dated, clumsy, and slow. Forums don't really have a place in the modern internet.
qftmft

Though I have to admit I favor VBB over FB. FB is a three ring sh|t show.

MWOGC MWGC
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #62
Matador
MWBC #99

We are all out in the real world now wreaking havoc

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #63
stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
We are all out in the real world now wreaking havoc
Yeah it's easy to forget sometimes, i've been reading MW since like 1999 (my reg date says 02, which was the year I graduated college). I remember posting on here from college while my brother and cousin posted from computer class back home in high school. Thats 17 years ago I still like the place, and the times registration was open, we dealt with riff raf and people creating fake accounts and clogging up the board with BS. A lot of people on here do STILL drive mustangs too I went from

1990 5.0 7 up vert
1969 GT 428 Cobra Jet R Code
1997 Cobra
2003 Cobra
2016 GT PP
-Ported Eaton, Dragon TB & plenum w/ JLT cold air
-2.76 Billetflow pulley with 100mm idlers
-C&L 95mm MAF, MAFia, Kenne Bell BAP
-Bassani catback, BBK catted mid pipe
-315s on the back, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
-MM IRS Diff/Subframe/Control Arm/Rack Bushings
stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #64
v6RIOT
kevins colon likes UPS

Quote:

Lost a large number to incarceration too
v6RIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:01 AM   #65
jmlufkins
Penisjuan is a dick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
Lost a large number to incarceration too
Old 09-15-2017, 04:28 AM   #66
96gts4.6L
BDRA #000

Quote:

Well, regardless of anything that has happened or even technology, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter. And well, you're still here.... Oh and BTW, I've never claimed to not be retarded, geez.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySlow2002GT View Post
I'm still here, nothing to run from
Dude, you're still here? Are you still wrenching? My brother is finally realizing that he can't do HVAC anymore due to back and knee issues, so he's going to start teaching. Pretty cool for him cause he gets to stay in the industry and he will actually get paid more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
qftmft

Though I have to admit I favor VBB over FB. FB is a three ring sh|t show.
Agreed.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:45 AM   #67
MySlow2002GT
Engine Tech N00b

Quote:
Dude, you're still here? Are you still wrenching? My brother is finally realizing that he can't do HVAC anymore due to back and knee issues, so he's going to start teaching. Pretty cool for him cause he gets to stay in the industry and he will actually get paid more.
Just wrenching on the side as I've always done, I'll have to be dead before I ever give that up
Old 09-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #68
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

Invite only to this partyyyyyyy

the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:49 AM   #69
WishiHadanL2
wanna be hoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySlow2002GT View Post
Just wrenching on the side as I've always done, I'll have to be dead before I ever give that up
that your KB GT I saw posted for sale?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #70
MySlow2002GT
Engine Tech N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishiHadanL2 View Post
that your KB GT I saw posted for sale?
No, not mine. Haven't owned a mustang for ~6 years.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #71
Black Fox

Angry

Quote:

Not to mention everyone's attention span is 140 characters or less now.. Who's got the ability to read posts on a message board anymore?
Black Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #72
96gts4.6L
BDRA #000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Fox View Post
Not to mention everyone's attention span is 140 characters or less now.. Who's got the ability to read posts on a message board anymore?
Use an actual computer instead of your phone. Not to sound racist or anything.....
Old 09-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #73
John Patton
GEAUX Tigers

Quote:

Gleen talk to me about this closed reg my ninja
Quote: