Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Old 11-27-2020, 05:59 AM   #1001
FearFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin View Post
SURGE in cases after thanksgiving

fvck.. those people caught it quick!!! get the ICU beds ready!! OH FVKC!! WE ARE AT FULL CAPACITY.. EVERYWHERE!!!!! hospitals overrun!!!! ! !111 ! ! !!

you can't run.. you can't hide... stay inside.. never come out!!!!!! stay safe!!!!
Where's your ICU info coming from?

And don't say "people walking into empty ICU's"
Old 11-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #1002
Darius
Black Stallion

I got an emergency alert (Similar to amber alert) on my phone last night (for PA) stating hospitals are at or near capacity due to rising covid rates. It also stated to keep gathering small if possible and to use social distancing and other covid safety protocols to the extent possible.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:52 AM   #1003
teCh0010

My county just took delivery of two mobile morgue trailers because they are out of body cold storage.
teCh0010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #1004
Alex
ET2(ss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFactor View Post
Where's your ICU info coming from?

And don't say "people walking into empty ICU's"
He won't reply.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #1005
Matador
MWBC #99

Goal for Christmas should be to infect everyone you're going to celebrate with NOW so you're surrounded by people that are immune

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #1006
Darius
Black Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by teCh0010 View Post
My county just took delivery of two mobile morgue trailers because they are out of body cold storage.
Everybody will have a different experience with this. People draw from their own experience. Trailer full of bodies isn’t real to somebody who’s cousin got it and had no symptoms.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #1007
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
I got an emergency alert (Similar to amber alert) on my phone last night (for PA) stating hospitals are at or near capacity due to rising covid rates. It also stated to keep gathering small if possible and to use social distancing and other covid safety protocols to the extent possible.
Fvck! On your phone?!? It must be true!!!!
Old 11-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #1008
beanbat

Quote:
https://kutv.com/news/coronavirus/ut...ler-on-standby

Hudachko did not say at what point it would be needed, but added, “we are not close to needing it at this point.”

tw@t.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #1009
Darius
Black Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
Fvck! On your phone?!? It must be true!!!!
Do you not trust your government that much? Where will you move to?

When was the last time you’ve seen the government act this way? What’s causing it?
Old 11-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #1010
Heywood
Omphaloskeptic

Flu d'etat? Casedemic? My son went to the ER a couple days ago (Mission Hospital, Mission Viejo, CA). I asked - how crowded? "Not another soul"..
2007 article on PCR testing - the epidemic that wasn't. "
Old 11-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #1011
MOIISKA

Quote:
Where in PA are you? We're looking at places around Collegeville.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:04 PM   #1012
CGSVT
Prepare to Qualify ...

Quote:
Do you not trust your government that much? Where will you move to?

When was the last time you’ve seen the government act this way? What’s causing it?
Depends. Are you talking about a government ran by Democrats or Republicans?
Old 11-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #1013
CGSVT
Prepare to Qualify ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOIISKA View Post
Wait awhile. You'll be able to pick up houses in PA for pennies on the dollar once the New Green Deal kicks in.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #1014
MOIISKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGSVT View Post
Wait awhile. You'll be able to pick up houses in PA for pennies on the dollar once the New Green Deal kicks in.
Don't really have a choice.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #1015
Darius
Black Stallion

Quote:
I love Doylestown and surrounding nearby areas (Peddlers village etc)Not familiar with collegeville. I don’t actually live in PA I just spend a lot of time there for various reasons.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #1016
MOIISKA

Quote:
I love Doylestown and surrounding nearby areas (Peddlers village etc)Not familiar with collegeville. I don’t actually live in PA I just spend a lot of time there for various reasons.
Ah, okay. I'm searching out the various school districts and I was hoping a local could clue me in.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:08 AM   #1017
Mishkin
Admïnistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
https://kutv.com/news/coronavirus/ut...ler-on-standby

Hudachko did not say at what point it would be needed, but added, “we are not close to needing it at this point.”

tw@t.

fvck bro.. they are using the BUTCHER SHOP to hold bodies.. THEY ARE STACKING THEM DEEP !! ! semi loads of ICE coming to fill the empty school gyms up .. SO MANY BODIES>..

media sponges
Old 11-28-2020, 06:44 AM   #1018
Alex
ET2(ss)

Quote:

media sponges
You're just a sponge
Old 11-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #1019
Darius
Black Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You're just a sponge
He’s so stupid he doesn’t even realize how true this is.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #1020
Jay
Get off my lawn.

I find myself actually looking forward to seeing what sort of lunacy Mishkin posts in his early-morning diatribes before he walks off into the Ohio tundra to stomp around in goat shit all day long.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:30 AM   #1021
Mishkin
Admïnistrator

me and the wife were kicked out of a store. we were near columbus and ran into a store for a few things. they were all mask nazis, we just walked right by. corona task force deployed . chased us down with the quickness and was told to leave.

as we were walking out of the store, they agreed with me that our constitution was being sh!t on and they do see the 9 month of mask wearing as a completely useless safety practice. I told them they needed to stand up.. they said they wouldn't have a job, and they were just doing it. I said.. well, if the entire store stood up to this, I guarantee they wouldn't do a thing, and the store wouldn't close. you just have to have the courage to do it.

****wouldn't want to lose my 8/hr job

don't worry people.. everyone will soon be ordered everything online and your store will close anyway WAKE UP.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:53 AM   #1022
ChrisB99

Quote:
me and the wife were kicked out of a store. we were near columbus and ran into a store for a few things. they were all mask nazis, we just walked right by. corona task force deployed . chased us down with the quickness and was told to leave.

as we were walking out of the store, they agreed with me that our constitution was being sh!t on and they do see the 9 month of mask wearing as a completely useless safety practice. I told them they needed to stand up.. they said they wouldn't have a job, and they were just doing it. I said.. well, if the entire store stood up to this, I guarantee they wouldn't do a thing, and the store wouldn't close. you just have to have the courage to do it.

don't worry people.. everyone will soon be ordered everything online and your store will close anyway WAKE UP.
You actually think you're some kind of badass or "real man" for harassing minimum wage employees and making their day harder.

If that wasn't the most pathetic thing I saw all week, you actually posted it on the internet bragging about it.
ChrisB99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:00 AM   #1023
FearFactor

Quote:

You bitched out and left the store? wanna be patriot.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:02 AM   #1024
MOIISKA

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB99 View Post
You actually think you're some kind of badass or "real man" for harassing minimum wage employees and making their day harder.

If that wasn't the most pathetic thing I saw all week, you actually posted it on the internet bragging about it.
Mishkin, it's not 2005 any more.

Chris, pm me. I have PA real-estate questions for you.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:12 AM   #1025
ChrisB99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFactor View Post
You bitched out and left the store? wanna be patriot.
I'm sure he convinced them all too, just like when Grandpa goes off on political nonsense and everyone just nods along hoping he'll shut up.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:42 AM   #1026
Mr Hollywood

Mishkin, were you in Canada last week?
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/walmart-employ...-say-1.5206231

And people applaud it. They're excited about it. Their democracy is being torn away from them and they're standing on the sidelines cheering, with their pitchforks in hand.
Mr Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:35 AM   #1027
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:

Thank god my business is so niche nothing affects it short of all out war (I think). I always thought about opening a brick and mortar store and always felt it was too risky a play. Who could have predicted this? They're ALL on the cusp of closing their doors. Since petco/petsmart/amazon they've been on life support, but now corona cutting live stock supplies plus ridiculous shipping they're all but done. Normally I buy out troubled stores but they're so toxic now there isn't even a point

Meanwhile because of all this shyt the big box stores and amazon continue to take advantage while the little guy can't even operate. What little rom they had to maneuver is inhibited by all the retarded mandates
Old 11-29-2020, 07:39 AM   #1028
MOIISKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
Thank god my business is so niche nothing affects it short of all out war (I think). I always thought about opening a brick and mortar store and always felt it was too risky a play. Who could have predicted this? They're ALL on the cusp of closing their doors. Since petco/petsmart/amazon they've been on life support, but now corona cutting live stock supplies plus ridiculous shipping they're all but done. Normally I buy out troubled stores but they're so toxic now there isn't even a point

Meanwhile because of all this shyt the big box stores and amazon continue to take advantage while the little guy can't even operate. What little rom they had to maneuver is inhibited by all the retarded mandates
The big get bigger, and the small shrivel up and die. But, if you think about it, isn't that what free enterprise is about. Amazon isn't what it is because it is inefficient and top heavy. Same goes for Walmart, Target and the various Dollar Store (variants).

People want to buy on the cheap and they don't care where it is made and how it gets to them. The Covid-19 virus just sped up the process by a generation. We were headed this way anyways.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #1029
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:
Mishkin, it's not 2005 any more.

Chris, pm me. I have PA real-estate questions for you.
I looked at real estate where you wanna move, it seems pricey given how much PA fvcking sucks (surprising). That def isn't right Do what you're doing now and find some decent outskirt town and buy a mansion on a mountain for 500 Our friends have this place about an hour out of Philadelphia... 5k sq/ft newish construction, 5 car detached garage/workshop, enormous property... Zillow and they bought it for something like 400 and I'm all
Old 11-29-2020, 07:51 AM   #1030
teCh0010

Quote:
I looked at real estate where you wanna move, it seems pricey given how much PA fvcking sucks (surprising). That def isn't right Do what you're doing now and find some decent outskirt town and buy a mansion on a mountain for 500 Our friends have this place about an hour out of Philadelphia... 5k sq/ft newish construction, 5 car detached garage/workshop, enormous property... Zillow and they bought it for something like 400 and I'm all
My boss is in Palo Alto, his place was 1.8M for 1200 square feet. My place (southern state) is 4500 sq feet with a three car garage and pool for 500k. He came to my house for dinner and was like “I need to move”.
teCh0010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #1031
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:
The big get bigger, and the small shrivel up and die. But, if you think about it, isn't that what free enterprise is about. Amazon isn't what it is because it is inefficient and top heavy. Same goes for Walmart, Target and the various Dollar Store (variants).

People want to buy on the cheap and they don't care where it is made and how it gets to them. The Covid-19 virus just sped up the process by a generation. We were headed this way anyways.
Oh I agree 100%, the writing has been on the wall for years which is why I never opened or store or kept any store I've bought out operating... I liquidate those shyts immediately. They only thing those big stores can't compete on is labor and customized products which is what I do. Admittedly I got lucky with some of the decisions I've made over the years, as far as being in the pet industry right now... outside of big box IDK if I could be more insulated from this BS. Some retailers in the country are doing okay, but it is the side of the business I operate in keeping their lights on... Stores without a robust presence in customized products and service are all but done.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #1032
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:
My boss is in Palo Alto, his place was 1.8M for 1200 square feet. My place (southern state) is 4500 sq feet with a three car garage and pool for 500k. He came to my house for dinner and was like “I need to move”.
Yep, same as my situation. 45 min west of Boston 1M gets you a fvcking compound vs inside the city 900 sq/ft in a condo building. I get wanting to be close to the city but fvck that.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #1033
ChrisB99

Quote:

I was just telling him I'm moving up your way - western ME/NE Mass, Southern VT/NH to do just that, but I'm looking for a big old colonial.

What states have best "rural" internet options?
Old 11-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #1034
ChrisB99

Quote:
Oh I agree 100%, the writing has been on the wall for years which is why I never opened or store or kept any store I've bought out operating... I liquidate those shyts immediately. They only thing those big stores can't compete on is labor and customized products which is what I do. Admittedly I got lucky with some of the decisions I've made over the years, as far as being in the pet industry right now... outside of big box IDK if I could be more insulated from this BS. Some retailers in the country are doing okay, but it is the side of the business I operate in keeping their lights on... Stores without a robust presence in customized products and service are all but done.
I hate to go back there, but how many small business owners scoffed at poor people buying starbucks find themselves getting fvcked because they weren't prepared to adapt, or didn't have enough savings to adapt.
Retail shops being able to smoothly convert to online are killing it, and making more profit with less overhead.

I don't think it's funny, I think the irony is tragic.

Last edited by ChrisB99; 11-29-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:29 AM   #1035
MOIISKA

Quote:
Our primary concern is the school district.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:31 AM   #1036
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:

I was just telling him I'm moving up your way - western ME/NE Mass, Southern VT/NH to do just that, but I'm looking for a big old colonial.

What states have best "rural" internet options?

Western MA is good... I moved out this way about 10 years ago (45 min west of boston, more central ma) and it was totally reasonable/chill, tho now it is getting fvcked by horrible libs fleeing the cities to the suburb outskirts (my area) and the prices are through the roof and changing the whole dynamic of the town. The new bang for the buck shyt in MA is west of worcester. When I moved here HS kids would be like "you guys wanna go hunting/fishing after class?"... now we have the type who wants to paint the cross walks in rainbow paint and march for BLM. Those people need to keep their fvcking azz in Cambridge Also a big push to diversify the town/white guilt. 7 years ago you could buy a nice house here for 300k, now that same house is almost 600 the mc mansions around here used to be 600-700, now they're pushing well over a million. No deals to be had between framingham and worcester unless you wanna live in the ghetto.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #1037
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:
I hate to go back there, but how many small business owners scoffed at poor people buying starbucks find themselves getting fvcked because they weren't prepared to adapt, or didn't have enough savings to adapt.
Retail shops being able to smoothly convert to online are killing it, and making more profit with less overhead.

I don't think it's funny, I think the irony is tragic.
I started my business working for the biggest privately owned exotic pet store in the state... I became the operator of the custom build department. The retail store was on the first floor, the second floor was all stock. For every one filter or tank in the store front, there would be a pallet of of them upstairs (some sitting for years). I told the owner time and time again (we should really just hire some retail pro to help us build an online presence. I even suggest things like tent sales to blow out old stock. He essentially equated my suggestions with voodoo... That was about 10 years ago and since then they've downsized their building twice and at this point look like they'll be out of business in a year or two

The sad thing is he OWNED the building, it was a massive commercial warehouse type situation, loading dock etc etc... Perfectly positioned to be an online powerhouse, he never did it. Painful to watch... Before I left they were talking about making me partner but I knew they'd just railroad any idea I had... It could have been quite the thing had he been open to pivoting the business 10 years ago.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #1038
BONESTOCK
:niglaugh:

Quote:
I started my business working for the biggest privately owned exotic pet store in the state... I became the operator of the custom build department. The retail store was on the first floor, the second floor was all stock. For every one filter or tank in the store front, there would be a pallet of of them upstairs (some sitting for years). I told the owner time and time again (we should really just hire some retail pro to help us build an online presence. I even suggest things like tent sales to blow out old stock. He essentially equated my suggestions with voodoo... That was about 10 years ago and since then they've downsized their building twice and at this point look like they'll be out of business in a year or two

The sad thing is he OWNED the building, it was a massive commercial warehouse type situation, loading dock etc etc... Perfectly positioned to be an online powerhouse, he never did it. Painful to watch... Before I left they were talking about making me partner but I knew they'd just railroad any idea I had... It could have been quite the thing had he been open to pivoting the business 10 years ago.
What store? Uncle Ned's? Tropic Isle?

I worked in Framingham. (Today is my last day actually!) I'm leaving on the 1st to NC. My house is in Holland. Neighbor town to Sturbridge,MA and Union, CT.

We bought for $289. Going up for $350. We'll see what it does!
Old 11-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #1039
berad001
VERY GOOD FRIEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESTOCK View Post
What store? Uncle Ned's? Tropic Isle?

I worked in Framingham. (Today is my last day actually!) I'm leaving on the 1st to NC. My house is in Holland. Neighbor town to Sturbridge,MA and Union, CT.

We bought for $289. Going up for $350. We'll see what it does!
Tropic... their old building is now a crazy person for profit church Your house will sell immediately is my guess.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #1040
Mishkin
Admïnistrator

Quote:

uhh.. . yes the big get bigger when people ar FORCED to shop only them.

amazon.. walmart.. profits up 100% and more since covid. BILLIONS AND BILLIONS extra.

" DUR.. ITS NOT 2005 NO MORE.. WE GOTTA ORDER FROM AMAZON CUZ OUR MASTERS TELL US"

what a stupid fvcking thing to say