Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
beanbat

PSA - Food Recommendation

If you guys have a poke place near you, do yourselves a favor and stop in. For those who don't know, poke is like sushi in a bowl or burrito format. They take the fish, different sauces, and throw it all together with rice, fresh veggies, mango, seaweed, etc all in a bowl. I get the 'half and half', which is half brown rice, half salad with a triple scoop of protein. All that deliciousness is $10-12 out the door, depending on where you go.

I've been eating the shiit out of them lately, and it's fvcking legit. Highly recommended.

Berady, you'd be proud too. I just got back from getting a couple of these. The girl was checking me out at the front, and I noticed a coupon poking out of some papers under the bar. Asked her if I could get a copy of one of those coupons. She pulled it out, said it was the last one and handed it over. I turned it over a few times and asked her if I could just use it now. She hemmed a bit, said it was for the "next visit", but finally relented. As she was moving to throw the coupon away, I asked her if I could just keep it. She looked around to see if anyone was watching I guess and then stuffed it in the bag. BAMB! Free $12! You know how many 1987 topps baseball cards I can get with $12? FVVVVCK!

BEANBAT WINS AGAIN. Hammer/scud, try not to trouble yourselves too much butthurting over this latest win. Maybe one day you will score a $12 poke victory. Hang in there, little buddies.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Immigrante View Post
How many freeways do you have to take to get a decent plate of food, you in-the-sticks-living mongolidic dwarf?

Old 10-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
Sage Francis

Been eating Hae-do-bop (sp?) at sushi restaurants (typically Korean run ones) for the last few years. Basically sashimi on a bed of salad and seaweed (w/o rice) with the spicy red sauce. Good stuff.
Sage Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #4
V8RUMBL
felching dick weasel

We have fresh kitchen here. Shiit is so cash. Dont know if its out there in the land of the sun and sand.

http://www.eatfreshkitchen.com/fk-menu/
Old 10-08-2017, 05:40 AM   #5
Matador
MWBC #99

Went to a poke place in downtown Seattle couple months ago and it was delicious. I also thought to myself "all this food for $X, dang!"

Havent found one in SD but I am sure we have some in Pacific Beach or La Jolla.

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
If you guys have a poke place near you, do yourselves a favor and stop in. For those who don't know, poke is like sushi in a bowl or burrito format. They take the fish, different sauces, and throw it all together with rice, fresh veggies, mango, seaweed, etc all in a bowl. I get the 'half and half', which is half brown rice, half salad with a triple scoop of protein. All that deliciousness is $10-12 out the door, depending on where you go.

I've been eating the shiit out of them lately, and it's fvcking legit. Highly recommended.

Berady, you'd be proud too. I just got back from getting a couple of these. The girl was checking me out at the front, and I noticed a coupon poking out of some papers under the bar. Asked her if I could get a copy of one of those coupons. She pulled it out, said it was the last one and handed it over. I turned it over a few times and asked her if I could just use it now. She hemmed a bit, said it was for the "next visit", but finally relented. As she was moving to throw the coupon away, I asked her if I could just keep it. She looked around to see if anyone was watching I guess and then stuffed it in the bag. BAMB! Free $12! You know how many 1987 topps baseball cards I can get with $12? FVVVVCK!

BEANBAT WINS AGAIN. Hammer/scud, try not to trouble yourselves too much butthurting over this latest win. Maybe one day you will score a $12 poke victory. Hang in there, little buddies.
expert lvl! free food is rewarding as fvck! I just had an autozone part I ordered online show up and it is straight up the wrong thing. They just left themselves open to an intermediate jew face raping. I went into the store, was polite, but at the same time admittedly annoying, lots of people in line etc etc. After some time using the jew force they kicked back the wrong part back onto my CC and ordered the new part as a 'warranty' replacement on the thing I just returned. So it was ZERO for the part but I'm out shipping. When I go back in I'll get the part, wait a couple of weeks and get that $38 core charge putting me in the black on the purchase I also used my vatoazone card at the same time and it shows the purchase yielded + $20 credit.

I do something similar at korean. Bibimbop, basically a bowl of questionable plants/meats/fish for 15 that's good for 2 meals, or bulgogi
Old 10-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
beefjerky
ice snob

Thumbs up

I'll file this recommendation with the spicy chicken sandwich recommendation at McDonalds that you gave a while back.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:55 AM   #8
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Only in Philly and NYC her......
Old 10-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #9
Stalkerfiveo

Sounds like a lot of work for something Blueplate could have just delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
I'd take the chick with a c0ck
Stalkerfiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #10
FearFactor

Beaner, A poke bowl might be some of the best food available.. I make myself 3 bowls a day, everyday.. i just switch up the fish sometimes.

I try to stick with fatty tuna and scallops for my "meat protein" when I make bowls.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #11
Frito
"May Cause Anal Seepage"

Dame!

Old 10-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #12
Hammer
Stop.

taking food advice from the guy who "couldn't find" any edible Italian food in Italy. yea, ok lord beanf@g, ill jump all over your pokemon food now. i'd pay that $12 you "won" to not eat garbage food like you.

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #13
beanbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
taking food advice from the guy who "couldn't find" any edible Italian food in Italy. yea, ok lord beanf@g, ill jump all over your pokemon food now. i'd pay that $12 you "won" to not eat garbage food like you.
How many times have you been to Italy?

And aren't you a gigantic fatass? Yeah, I'm sure you have a real discerning palate. In before this f@ggot's recommendation for buca di beppo or some equally disgusting shiit.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #14
Hammer
Stop.

Quote:
How many times have you been to Italy?

And aren't you a gigantic fatass? Yeah, I'm sure you have a real discerning palate. In before this f@ggot's recommendation for buca di beppo or some equally disgusting shiit.

yea, I gained weight during law school and got fat. I won't deny it. I dont know how you know that, but ok. That was from going out with friends and drinking beer instead of going to the gym, and simply not having as much time as before to devote to working out. I don't care, I'll own up to that. it's not like i can't change that, losing weight isn't hard if you know what you're doing. but what does that have to do with my palate? my eating habits did not change. I've never been to buca di beppo, so?????? I dont eat much italian food anyways. I never claimed it was my favorite, nor that it's the best. I'm actually not a huge fan. that isn't the point. but you, you picky fvck, couldn't find a decent Italian food meal in fvckin Italy???? come on, child. grow up. or go eat your "healthy but disgusting" african food. but but but "OMG the macros are out of this world!!!!!"

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #15
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

Freakin mainlanders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/going...=.900b2f30df79

The shat you guys are eating is prob previously frozen as well :barf: Haha

the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:22 AM   #16
SUMrTOY
AWPW n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFactor View Post
I make myself 3 bowls a day, everyday.. i just switch up the fish sometimes.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:38 AM   #17
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23 View Post
Freakin mainlanders

. Very rarely do I eat raw fish, when I'm in the proper location it's game on.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #18
v6RIOT
kevins colon likes UPS

Quote:
Freakin mainlanders

isn't all sushi grade fish flash frozen anyway?
v6RIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:02 AM   #19
FearFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
No.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #20
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
No.
All sushi grade fish in the US is required by law to be frozen in order to kill parasites.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #21
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
All sushi grade fish in the US is required by law to be frozen in order to kill parasites.
Actually, not all, certain species of sushi grade fish.....
Old 10-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #22
Mr Hollywood

Quote:
dont know how you know that, but ok.
You posted it on here.
It was something like you being 5'10" and weighing 270. Not sure on the exact numbers though.
Mr Hollywood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #23
FearFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
Not true.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #24
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
Not true.
I changed it to certain species.....
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #25
beanbat

Quote:
Freakin mainlanders

LMAO, was that article written by a butthurt little elementary schooler? Talk about stupid. OH KNOWEZ! POKEZ IN MAINLAND ISN'T LEGIT.

Who gives a shiit if it's not "authentic", the stuff you get on the 'mainland' is better than that Hawaiin bullshiit any day of the week. All they have is fish, rice, and green onion?! LMAO. The thing that makes poke so great is that it's loaded with fresh veggies. The "mainlanders" took a good idea and made it fantastic. Keep your inferior "authentic" food, jumpy, and tell your mongoloid brethren that they're missing the forest for the trees.

That article is as stupid as someone complaining that the new Ford line of cars isn't "authentic" because they have air conditioning and seatbelts, which the original models DIDN'T HAVE!111!!! It's called progress, idiot, and your shiitty food has been evolved into something better.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #26
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!

Quote:
LMAO, was that article written by a butthurt little elementary schooler? Talk about stupid. OH KNOWEZ! POKEZ IN MAINLAND ISN'T LEGIT.

Who gives a shiit if it's not "authentic", the stuff you get on the 'mainland' is better than that Hawaiin bullshiit any day of the week. All they have is fish, rice, and green onion?! LMAO. The thing that makes poke so great is that it's loaded with fresh veggies. The "mainlanders" took a good idea and made it fantastic. Keep your inferior "authentic" food, jumpy, and tell your mongoloid brethren that they're missing the forest for the trees.

That article is as stupid as someone complaining that the new Ford line of cars isn't "authentic" because they have air conditioning and seatbelts, which the original models DIDN'T HAVE!111!!! It's called progress, idiot, and your shiitty food has been evolved into something better.
Hawaiian pig roast.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #27
Matador
MWBC #99

Hawaiian seared ahi tuna > *

The seafood alone is worth going to HI... if your a food fanatic, and a fat fvck

Old 10-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #28
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Hawaiian seared ahi tuna > *

The seafood alone is worth going to HI... if your a food fanatic, and a fat fvck
That's like saying it's worth visiting newengland for our seafood, no it isn't
Old 10-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #29
Matador
MWBC #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
That's like saying it's worth visiting newengland for our seafood, no it isn't
Bawston is worth visiting for the talent

Old 10-09-2017, 10:26 AM   #30
berad001
I will rule you!

Quote:
Bawston is worth visiting for the talent
There is some talent running around, that's for sure.

Having been running around the city my whole life, I can assure you they're all stuck up little b|tches that suck at life tho. Quick one night stand and be done with them is the best policy, unless you have deep pockets and want a stay at home wife you cheat on
Old 10-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #31
beanbat

Quote:
yea, I gained weight during law school and got fat. I won't deny it. I dont know how you know that, but ok. That was from going out with friends and drinking beer instead of going to the gym, and simply not having as much time as before to devote to working out. I don't care, I'll own up to that. it's not like i can't change that, losing weight isn't hard if you know what you're doing. but what does that have to do with my palate? my eating habits did not change.
LMAO. I guarantee that you will never, not even for one fvcking day, be considered anything under 'overweight' for the remainder of your life. Funny how I'm older than you, don't work out, and still stay nice and lean. Gee, wonder why that is?

Do you know how amazing it is to be a normal weight? To be able to run up a couple flights of stairs without getting winded? No, of course you don't. I'll enjoy my healthy food, yes, and I'll also enjoy all the benefits that come with it. You keep on with that buca di beppo you disgusting pig.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #32
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

Quote:

I am def not a poke snob, but this thread reminded me of those articles lol. And dude it's not just green onions and rice, there's a lot of variations of poke bowls. I like mine with Lomi Salmon, Kalua pig, rice, and tons of furikake on top When on the mainland, I get those trendy/previously frozen poke bowls as well

Old 10-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #33
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
Guess the trendy 3 poke bowls a day chef answered your question
In Hawaii they have "fresh" caught ahi auctions in the wee hours of the morning

Old 10-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #34
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Midget View Post
You posted it on here.
It was something like you being 5'10" and weighing 270. Not sure on the exact numbers though.
MW never forgets :mustangworldrules:

Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #35
Mr Hollywood

Quote:
MW never forgets :mustangworldrules:
I don't remember the weight though. It could've been 230lbs.

What's with the Mr Midget stuff? I'll kick your chinese, mexican ni66er ass all the way back to Hawaii
Mr Hollywood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #36
Frito
"May Cause Anal Seepage"

Quote:
To be able to run up a couple flights of stairs without getting winded? No, of course you don't.
Elevators
Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #37
Matador
MWBC #99

I get winded reading some of the MW elite crew's posts... Thankfully, beanbag has ruined some of their careers and is slowly cleaning house.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #38
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO

Quote:
I get winded reading some of the MW elite crew's posts... Thankfully, beanbag has ruined some of their careers and is slowly cleaning house.
If we still had rep points, Id send some your way just for that hawt SN/Sig combo.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #39
FearFactor

Quote:
Guess the trendy 3 poke bowls a day chef answered your question
In Hawaii they have "fresh" caught ahi auctions in the wee hours of the morning
Hey you dumbass swing riding fool.

I overnight fish from Honolulu fish company, so no need to praise how LEET your fish is, since it's on my cutting table 24 hours after its caught.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #40
FearFactor

Quote:
I am def not a poke snob, but this thread reminded me of those articles lol. And dude it's not just green onions and rice, there's a lot of variations of poke bowls. I like mine with Lomi Salmon, Kalua pig, rice, and tons of furikake on top When on the mainland, I get those trendy/previously frozen poke bowls as well
Yea,we definitely can't get furikake on the mainland, idiot.

Ask for your own personal poke bowl on the mainland, i'm sure it's hard as fvck to put your elite ingredients on a ****ing bowl of rice and fish.