Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 54,922
PSA - Food Recommendation

If you guys have a poke place near you, do yourselves a favor and stop in. For those who don't know, poke is like sushi in a bowl or burrito format. They take the fish, different sauces, and throw it all together with rice, fresh veggies, mango, seaweed, etc all in a bowl. I get the 'half and half', which is half brown rice, half salad with a triple scoop of protein. All that deliciousness is $10-12 out the door, depending on where you go.

I've been eating the shiit out of them lately, and it's fvcking legit. Highly recommended.

Berady, you'd be proud too. I just got back from getting a couple of these. The girl was checking me out at the front, and I noticed a coupon poking out of some papers under the bar. Asked her if I could get a copy of one of those coupons. She pulled it out, said it was the last one and handed it over. I turned it over a few times and asked her if I could just use it now. She hemmed a bit, said it was for the "next visit", but finally relented. As she was moving to throw the coupon away, I asked her if I could just keep it. She looked around to see if anyone was watching I guess and then stuffed it in the bag. BAMB! Free $12! You know how many 1987 topps baseball cards I can get with $12? FVVVVCK!

BEANBAT WINS AGAIN. Hammer/scud, try not to trouble yourselves too much butthurting over this latest win. Maybe one day you will score a $12 poke victory. Hang in there, little buddies.
__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 54,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Immigrante View Post
How many freeways do you have to take to get a decent plate of food, you in-the-sticks-living mongolidic dwarf?

__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
Sage Francis
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2,265
Been eating Hae-do-bop (sp?) at sushi restaurants (typically Korean run ones) for the last few years. Basically sashimi on a bed of salad and seaweed (w/o rice) with the spicy red sauce. Good stuff.
Sage Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #4
V8RUMBL
felching dick weasel
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SRQ
Posts: 11,878
We have fresh kitchen here. Shiit is so cash. Dont know if its out there in the land of the sun and sand.

http://www.eatfreshkitchen.com/fk-menu/
__________________
1996 f150
V8RUMBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:40 AM   #5
Matador
MWBC #99
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Posts: 30,300
Went to a poke place in downtown Seattle couple months ago and it was delicious. I also thought to myself "all this food for $X, dang!"

Havent found one in SD but I am sure we have some in Pacific Beach or La Jolla.
__________________
MWPC # R.I.P. Alfdog

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 31,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
If you guys have a poke place near you, do yourselves a favor and stop in. For those who don't know, poke is like sushi in a bowl or burrito format. They take the fish, different sauces, and throw it all together with rice, fresh veggies, mango, seaweed, etc all in a bowl. I get the 'half and half', which is half brown rice, half salad with a triple scoop of protein. All that deliciousness is $10-12 out the door, depending on where you go.

I've been eating the shiit out of them lately, and it's fvcking legit. Highly recommended.

Berady, you'd be proud too. I just got back from getting a couple of these. The girl was checking me out at the front, and I noticed a coupon poking out of some papers under the bar. Asked her if I could get a copy of one of those coupons. She pulled it out, said it was the last one and handed it over. I turned it over a few times and asked her if I could just use it now. She hemmed a bit, said it was for the "next visit", but finally relented. As she was moving to throw the coupon away, I asked her if I could just keep it. She looked around to see if anyone was watching I guess and then stuffed it in the bag. BAMB! Free $12! You know how many 1987 topps baseball cards I can get with $12? FVVVVCK!

BEANBAT WINS AGAIN. Hammer/scud, try not to trouble yourselves too much butthurting over this latest win. Maybe one day you will score a $12 poke victory. Hang in there, little buddies.
expert lvl! free food is rewarding as fvck! I just had an autozone part I ordered online show up and it is straight up the wrong thing. They just left themselves open to an intermediate jew face raping. I went into the store, was polite, but at the same time admittedly annoying, lots of people in line etc etc. After some time using the jew force they kicked back the wrong part back onto my CC and ordered the new part as a 'warranty' replacement on the thing I just returned. So it was ZERO for the part but I'm out shipping. When I go back in I'll get the part, wait a couple of weeks and get that $38 core charge putting me in the black on the purchase I also used my vatoazone card at the same time and it shows the purchase yielded + $20 credit.

I do something similar at korean. Bibimbop, basically a bowl of questionable plants/meats/fish for 15 that's good for 2 meals, or bulgogi
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
beefjerky
ice snob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: saint george utah
Posts: 4,146
Thumbs up

I'll file this recommendation with the spicy chicken sandwich recommendation at McDonalds that you gave a while back.
__________________
B.A. Baracus fan club member since 1986
beefjerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:55 AM   #8
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2 in the pink 1 in the stink!!
Posts: 50,830
Only in Philly and NYC her......
__________________
LUCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #9
Stalkerfiveo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ATL
Posts: 29,701
Sounds like a lot of work for something Blueplate could have just delivered.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
I didn't vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
I'd take the chick with a c0ck
Stalkerfiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #10
FearFactor
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 17,457
Beaner, A poke bowl might be some of the best food available.. I make myself 3 bowls a day, everyday.. i just switch up the fish sometimes.

I try to stick with fatty tuna and scallops for my "meat protein" when I make bowls.
__________________
FearFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #11
Frito
"May Cause Anal Seepage"
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 26,316
Dame!

__________________
Frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #12
Hammer
Stop.
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: LaGrange Park, IL
Posts: 4,376
taking food advice from the guy who "couldn't find" any edible Italian food in Italy. yea, ok lord beanf@g, ill jump all over your pokemon food now. i'd pay that $12 you "won" to not eat garbage food like you.
__________________
95 GT vert, 331
98 Jetta TDI, non-crayon edition

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #13
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 54,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
taking food advice from the guy who "couldn't find" any edible Italian food in Italy. yea, ok lord beanf@g, ill jump all over your pokemon food now. i'd pay that $12 you "won" to not eat garbage food like you.
How many times have you been to Italy?

And aren't you a gigantic fatass? Yeah, I'm sure you have a real discerning palate. In before this f@ggot's recommendation for buca di beppo or some equally disgusting shiit.

__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #14
Hammer
Stop.
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: LaGrange Park, IL
Posts: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
How many times have you been to Italy?

And aren't you a gigantic fatass? Yeah, I'm sure you have a real discerning palate. In before this f@ggot's recommendation for buca di beppo or some equally disgusting shiit.

yea, I gained weight during law school and got fat. I won't deny it. I dont know how you know that, but ok. That was from going out with friends and drinking beer instead of going to the gym, and simply not having as much time as before to devote to working out. I don't care, I'll own up to that. it's not like i can't change that, losing weight isn't hard if you know what you're doing. but what does that have to do with my palate? my eating habits did not change. I've never been to buca di beppo, so?????? I dont eat much italian food anyways. I never claimed it was my favorite, nor that it's the best. I'm actually not a huge fan. that isn't the point. but you, you picky fvck, couldn't find a decent Italian food meal in fvckin Italy???? come on, child. grow up. or go eat your "healthy but disgusting" african food. but but but "OMG the macros are out of this world!!!!!"
__________________
95 GT vert, 331
98 Jetta TDI, non-crayon edition

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #15
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 27,468
Freakin mainlanders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/going...=.900b2f30df79

The shat you guys are eating is prob previously frozen as well :barf: Haha
__________________


the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:22 AM   #16
SUMrTOY
AWPW n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 33,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFactor View Post
I make myself 3 bowls a day, everyday.. i just switch up the fish sometimes.
__________________
*I have never met anyone on this site, so my comments towards you have no merit.
SUMrTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:38 AM   #17
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2 in the pink 1 in the stink!!
Posts: 50,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23 View Post
Freakin mainlanders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/going...=.900b2f30df79

The shat you guys are eating is prob previously frozen as well :barf: Haha
. Very rarely do I eat raw fish, when I'm in the proper location it's game on.
__________________
LUCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #18
v6RIOT
kevins colon likes UPS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 36,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23 View Post
Freakin mainlanders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/going...=.900b2f30df79

The shat you guys are eating is prob previously frozen as well :barf: Haha
isn't all sushi grade fish flash frozen anyway?
v6RIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:02 AM   #19
FearFactor
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 17,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
isn't all sushi grade fish flash frozen anyway?
No.
__________________
FearFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #20
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2 in the pink 1 in the stink!!
Posts: 50,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFactor View Post
No.
All sushi grade fish in the US is required by law to be frozen in order to kill parasites.
__________________
LUCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #21
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2 in the pink 1 in the stink!!
Posts: 50,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
All sushi grade fish in the US is required by law to be frozen in order to kill parasites.
Actually, not all, certain species of sushi grade fish.....
__________________
LUCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #22
Mr Hollywood
Posts: 71,000
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 71,000
Posts: 17,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
dont know how you know that, but ok.
You posted it on here.
It was something like you being 5'10" and weighing 270. Not sure on the exact numbers though.
Mr Hollywood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #23
FearFactor
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 17,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCC View Post
All sushi grade fish in the US is required by law to be frozen in order to kill parasites.
Not true.
__________________
FearFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #24
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2 in the pink 1 in the stink!!
Posts: 50,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFactor View Post
Not true.
I changed it to certain species.....
__________________
LUCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #25
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 54,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23 View Post
Freakin mainlanders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/going...=.900b2f30df79

The shat you guys are eating is prob previously frozen as well :barf: Haha
LMAO, was that article written by a butthurt little elementary schooler? Talk about stupid. OH KNOWEZ! POKEZ IN MAINLAND ISN'T LEGIT.

Who gives a shiit if it's not "authentic", the stuff you get on the 'mainland' is better than that Hawaiin bullshiit any day of the week. All they have is fish, rice, and green onion?! LMAO. The thing that makes poke so great is that it's loaded with fresh veggies. The "mainlanders" took a good idea and made it fantastic. Keep your inferior "authentic" food, jumpy, and tell your mongoloid brethren that they're missing the forest for the trees.

That article is as stupid as someone complaining that the new Ford line of cars isn't "authentic" because they have air conditioning and seatbelts, which the original models DIDN'T HAVE!111!!! It's called progress, idiot, and your shiitty food has been evolved into something better.
__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #26
LUCC
Capt'n Morgan Time!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2 in the pink 1 in the stink!!
Posts: 50,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
LMAO, was that article written by a butthurt little elementary schooler? Talk about stupid. OH KNOWEZ! POKEZ IN MAINLAND ISN'T LEGIT.

Who gives a shiit if it's not "authentic", the stuff you get on the 'mainland' is better than that Hawaiin bullshiit any day of the week. All they have is fish, rice, and green onion?! LMAO. The thing that makes poke so great is that it's loaded with fresh veggies. The "mainlanders" took a good idea and made it fantastic. Keep your inferior "authentic" food, jumpy, and tell your mongoloid brethren that they're missing the forest for the trees.

That article is as stupid as someone complaining that the new Ford line of cars isn't "authentic" because they have air conditioning and seatbelts, which the original models DIDN'T HAVE!111!!! It's called progress, idiot, and your shiitty food has been evolved into something better.
Hawaiian pig roast.
__________________
LUCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #27
Matador
MWBC #99
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Posts: 30,300
Hawaiian seared ahi tuna > *

The seafood alone is worth going to HI... if your a food fanatic, and a fat fvck
__________________
MWPC # R.I.P. Alfdog

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #28
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 31,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Hawaiian seared ahi tuna > *

The seafood alone is worth going to HI... if your a food fanatic, and a fat fvck
That's like saying it's worth visiting newengland for our seafood, no it isn't
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #29
Matador
MWBC #99
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Posts: 30,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001 View Post
That's like saying it's worth visiting newengland for our seafood, no it isn't
Bawston is worth visiting for the talent
__________________
MWPC # R.I.P. Alfdog

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:26 AM   #30
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 31,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Bawston is worth visiting for the talent
There is some talent running around, that's for sure.

Having been running around the city my whole life, I can assure you they're all stuck up little b|tches that suck at life tho. Quick one night stand and be done with them is the best policy, unless you have deep pockets and want a stay at home wife you cheat on
__________________
berad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #31
beanbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 54,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
yea, I gained weight during law school and got fat. I won't deny it. I dont know how you know that, but ok. That was from going out with friends and drinking beer instead of going to the gym, and simply not having as much time as before to devote to working out. I don't care, I'll own up to that. it's not like i can't change that, losing weight isn't hard if you know what you're doing. but what does that have to do with my palate? my eating habits did not change.
LMAO. I guarantee that you will never, not even for one fvcking day, be considered anything under 'overweight' for the remainder of your life. Funny how I'm older than you, don't work out, and still stay nice and lean. Gee, wonder why that is?

Do you know how amazing it is to be a normal weight? To be able to run up a couple flights of stairs without getting winded? No, of course you don't. I'll enjoy my healthy food, yes, and I'll also enjoy all the benefits that come with it. You keep on with that buca di beppo you disgusting pig.
__________________
beanbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #32
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 27,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
LMAO, was that article written by a butthurt little elementary schooler? Talk about stupid. OH KNOWEZ! POKEZ IN MAINLAND ISN'T LEGIT.

Who gives a shiit if it's not "authentic", the stuff you get on the 'mainland' is better than that Hawaiin bullshiit any day of the week. All they have is fish, rice, and green onion?! LMAO. The thing that makes poke so great is that it's loaded with fresh veggies. The "mainlanders" took a good idea and made it fantastic. Keep your inferior "authentic" food, jumpy, and tell your mongoloid brethren that they're missing the forest for the trees.

That article is as stupid as someone complaining that the new Ford line of cars isn't "authentic" because they have air conditioning and seatbelts, which the original models DIDN'T HAVE!111!!! It's called progress, idiot, and your shiitty food has been evolved into something better.
I am def not a poke snob, but this thread reminded me of those articles lol. And dude it's not just green onions and rice, there's a lot of variations of poke bowls. I like mine with Lomi Salmon, Kalua pig, rice, and tons of furikake on top When on the mainland, I get those trendy/previously frozen poke bowls as well
__________________


the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #33
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 27,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6RIOT View Post
isn't all sushi grade fish flash frozen anyway?
Guess the trendy 3 poke bowls a day chef answered your question
In Hawaii they have "fresh" caught ahi auctions in the wee hours of the morning
__________________


the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #34
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 27,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Midget View Post
You posted it on here.
It was something like you being 5'10" and weighing 270. Not sure on the exact numbers though.
MW never forgets :mustangworldrules:
__________________


the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #35
Mr Hollywood
Posts: 71,000
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 71,000
Posts: 17,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23 View Post
MW never forgets :mustangworldrules:
I don't remember the weight though. It could've been 230lbs.

What's with the Mr Midget stuff? I'll kick your chinese, mexican ni66er ass all the way back to Hawaii
Mr Hollywood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #36
Frito
"May Cause Anal Seepage"
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 26,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbat View Post
To be able to run up a couple flights of stairs without getting winded? No, of course you don't.
Elevators
__________________
Frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #37
Matador
MWBC #99
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Posts: 30,300
I get winded reading some of the MW elite crew's posts... Thankfully, beanbag has ruined some of their careers and is slowly cleaning house.
__________________
MWPC # R.I.P. Alfdog

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #38
Jumpman23
w/o ME it's just AWESO
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 27,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I get winded reading some of the MW elite crew's posts... Thankfully, beanbag has ruined some of their careers and is slowly cleaning house.
If we still had rep points, Id send some your way just for that hawt SN/Sig combo.
__________________


the Mustangworld Tshirt line
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #39
FearFactor
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 17,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23 View Post
Guess the trendy 3 poke bowls a day chef answered your question
In Hawaii they have "fresh" caught ahi auctions in the wee hours of the morning
Hey you dumbass swing riding fool.

I overnight fish from Honolulu fish company, so no need to praise how LEET your fish is, since it's on my cutting table 24 hours after its caught.
__________________
FearFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #40
FearFactor
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 17,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23 View Post
I am def not a poke snob, but this thread reminded me of those articles lol. And dude it's not just green onions and rice, there's a lot of variations of poke bowls. I like mine with Lomi Salmon, Kalua pig, rice, and tons of furikake on top When on the mainland, I get those trendy/previously frozen poke bowls as well
Yea,we definitely can't get furikake on the mainland, idiot.

Ask for your own personal poke bowl on the mainland, i'm sure it's hard as fvck to put your elite ingredients on a ****ing bowl of rice and fish.
__________________
FearFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2012 Mustangworld.com