Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
Theo
Be cool.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,347
Angry Corvette Z06 Owners Claim Track Driving Cripples Car After Only 15 Minutes



"Chevrolet Corvette Z06 owners have filed a fourth class action against General Motors relating to a cooling defect with the high-performance supercar.

The class action, filed by law firms Hagens Berman, Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, the Miller Law Firm, and Schuler Halvorsen Weisser Zoller Overbeck, claims that Chevrolet knowingly sold Z06 models with a cooling system defect that renders them stuck at low, unsafe speeds after about 15 minutes of track driving.

The lawsuit asserts that there are up to 30,000 Corvette Z06 models from the 2015, 2016, and 2017 model years which could be affected. This latest suit includes new cases from owners in Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Texas. It also adds implied warranty claims to the list of complaints against GM."

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/02/co...ion-limp-mode/
__________________
2003 Ford Mustang Cobra
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
Cream Puff
Mod with Fox with Mods >*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Your momma's house.
Posts: 152,711
Re
__________________
2015 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky
She could be a serial killer, and I would still love her tenderly every night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkin
Everywhere I go, I leave a trail of super models that are bow-legged and bruised.
Cream Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:24 AM   #3
Theo
Be cool.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream Puff View Post
Re
__________________
2003 Ford Mustang Cobra
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
ka0tyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 15,740
whats the component thats actually insufficient on them? radiator? a hose?
__________________
ka0tyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #5
Frito
"May Cause Anal Seepage"
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 26,326
This is why they are moving the engine to the rear
__________________
Frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
FWP!
photog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 17,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0tyk View Post
whats the component thats actually insufficient on them? radiator? a hose?
There's a lot of reason why these cars overheat, and GM tried fixing one of them for MY2017's by making a new supercharger cover which allows for better airflow on the outside of it and making larger vents in the hood to extract the air going over it and it seems to have made only a tiny improvement, but engine oil temps get up there pretty quickly as well, partly because GM thought it'd be a super neat idea to put the oil cooler radiator right next to one of the catalytic converters You can get an aftermarket kit that relocates it to behind the main radiator which fixes the issue, but then there just plain doesn't seem to be enough capacity in the engine coolant system to keep things in check, plus if you have an automatic, that also adds to the whole problem.

There is even a company (I forget the name) that sells a kit that includes a whole new front fascia, extra engine coolant radiators, and a few other things, but it's like $4k. Chevy made the front end of them so damn small that you just can't get enough air passing through the front end to cool it off. The ZL1 (same engine in the Z06) and SS 1LE don't have these issues because of that big front end with lots of cooling capacity. Sucks for C7 Z owners.
__________________
2017 SS 1LE
FWP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
JustinTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,447
couple more exhaust tips should fix it, np.
JustinTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
berad001
I will rule you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 32,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWP! View Post
There's a lot of reason why these cars overheat, and GM tried fixing one of them for MY2017's by making a new supercharger cover which allows for better airflow on the outside of it and making larger vents in the hood to extract the air going over it and it seems to have made only a tiny improvement, but engine oil temps get up there pretty quickly as well, partly because GM thought it'd be a super neat idea to put the oil cooler radiator right next to one of the catalytic converters You can get an aftermarket kit that relocates it to behind the main radiator which fixes the issue, but then there just plain doesn't seem to be enough capacity in the engine coolant system to keep things in check, plus if you have an automatic, that also adds to the whole problem.

There is even a company (I forget the name) that sells a kit that includes a whole new front fascia, extra engine coolant radiators, and a few other things, but it's like $4k. Chevy made the front end of them so damn small that you just can't get enough air passing through the front end to cool it off. The ZL1 (same engine in the Z06) and SS 1LE don't have these issues because of that big front end with lots of cooling capacity. Sucks for C7 Z owners.
Yeah adding air flow over a supercharger isn't going to do shyt

that sux tho
__________________
berad001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #9
brasscoe
Cubical Space-heater
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0tyk View Post
whats the component thats actually insufficient on them? radiator? a hose?
pu$$y magnet.
brasscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2012 Mustangworld.com