Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > Technical Discussion > 2005+ Mustang

Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
TungstenGT
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Unhappy Interior door panel insert peeled off.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT and the interior is khaki. The doors both have a darker dark brown/black insert. Well, both of them have peeled down from the top. Anyone have any suggestions on a fix for this, or is it better to let a someone professional handle it?
I was thinking of just getting a can of spray adhesive and just try to glue it back that way, but I don't want it to look crappy.

Any suggestions?

TungstenGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck

I'd try a can of spray adhesive. Worst case scenario you have to take em in to get them re-done. Just so long as you clean the surface well, hold it back, spray the adhesive and take your time laying it down/stretching it back into place you should be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Yes jcalvert86, you posted a great picture of your girls bangin, tlts and then went on to say her approximate height and weight. Beanbat disagreed with your guess on the weight. Therefore you are a serial liar and degenerate human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6 Molester
one time i had a dirty fantasy and didnt wash it out after a couple uses to fullfill my dirty whore fantasy and it burned afterwards when i peeded. i got the real life feeling
2kanchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
TungstenGT
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
I'd try a can of spray adhesive. Worst case scenario you have to take em in to get them re-done. Just so long as you clean the surface well, hold it back, spray the adhesive and take your time laying it down/stretching it back into place you should be fine.
I think that is what I am going to try. The big problem I see is making it fit along the edges clean.
Like you said, no harm in trying. Worst case scenario, I have to take it in and pay to have it done.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
mycobra70la

That's how I fixed mine. Worked fine and has been 6-8 months now
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
TungstenGT
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobra70la
That's how I fixed mine. Worked fine and has been 6-8 months now
Cool, thanks for letting me know.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 AM   #6
The Ron Stang
LEEEEROOOY JEEENKINS

Happened in mine, I hear it's from the humidity...combined with the crappiness of the doors. Used a type of glue and pressed it back. seems to be back to normal.

2006 Cardomain page

1996 Cardomain page. 2001 cobra engine swap

My MySpace page
The Ron Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #7
TungstenGT
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ron Stang
Happened in mine, I hear it's from the humidity...combined with the crappiness of the doors. Used a type of glue and pressed it back. seems to be back to normal.
Yeah, I tried some adhesive spray, and it worked for a while and then peeled back again. (Most likely because it wasn't totally cleaned.)
I finally settled on some Gorilla Glue and it worked like a charm.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #8
TungstenGT
VERITAS AEQUITAS

I think the biggest reason was that for as long as I owned my Mustang, there would be a build up do moisture inside the car. This usually happened if it was rainy outside. I think water was collecting inside the door, because even a day or two after a rain...when I would go out to my car and open the door, water would run out onto the ground from the bottom of the door. It was like while closed, the water was trapped, but if I opened the door, it ran onto the ground. Not like gallons, but at least a half an ounce. Anyways, the car would always have a humid air to it after a rain, and I think this broke down the adhesive from the factory.
Anyone else have that problem?

(It's no longer a problem for me...I have since traded it in on a new car.)

Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
mycobra70la

Well one side just peeled again, oh well its been about one year. Went to the hardware store and purchased something like gorilla glue for $5 or so. If it lasst another year I'm good with it. No problem stretching and tucking in the corners at all.