Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > General Discussion > Clubhouse

Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
SethP
Come at the king

Serbian Film, Antichirst, Human Centipede, etc.

So I've seen all three of those and they were ho hum on the disturbing factor, what are some movies that will actually make me feel uncomfortable? Actually HC was pretty weak, SF was incredibly slow until the last 20 minutes and Antichrist was probably the best of the bunch.

@SethPoints
SethP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
Joshness
I Hate People

Visitor Q

"A father, who is a failed former television reporter tries to mount a documentary about violence and sex among youths. He proceeds to have sex with his daughter who is now a prostitute and films his son being humiliated and hit by classmates. "Q", a perfect stranger somehow gets involved and enter the bizzare family who's son beats his mom, who in turn is also a prostitute and a heroin addict..."

You wont forget this one...
Old 06-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
Wayfarer
Sanity is a full-time job

Antichrist was awful. I couldn't make it through. Not for gore factor or being disturbing, but just for being so fvcking horribly boring.

Serbian film was ok, not too bad overall. Human Centipede was good fun. Probably my favorite out of the three.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
wire
Mr. Trenton

The Cove or Titticut Follies?

I saw parts of SF (enough to know I didn't care to waste my time on it), THC and Antichrist. While I was really impressed with the use of sound in Antichrist, I was generally bored by it. THC was laughably stupid. I've kinda assumed maybe I'm just "too old for that ish"?

idk.

I did love Visitor Q when I watched it, Audition's piano wire scene still haunts me more than any other scene I've seen in a film in an "omg squick" kinda way...

I fscking hated Irreversible, but the friends I saw it with loved it. It's notorious for its real time, single take double rape scene and some other good special effects. They used some low bass frequency throughout the movie that gives off a sense of agitation for some people. Apparently I was one of those people because I was really ready to punch things by the time the movie was done.

Baise Moi is another Frenchie rape film. But with a twist!

Salo is alright, another classic super disturbing film. The coprophagia in this film was far harder for me to take than THC, plus it's got the youngster element of SF.

I've seen Threads thrown a lot as a disturbing film...it's not a feature film but a made for TV for the UK in the height of the "omg we're all going to die from nuclear warfare" scare of the 80s...but it's definitely the bleakest, most depressing one of 'em all. A Boy and His Dog is disturbing in a similar way, but I wouldn't really recommend it as disturbing unless you're a feminazi, and obviously you're not.

If you want a repeat of Antichrist's penis torture you could go with Hard Candy or better yet, Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flannagan, Supermasochist. Bob nails his penis to a board. In a documentary about what he'd do on an average Tuesday. Actually, don't watch Hard Candy, just skip it and watch Sick. HC kinda sucked (tho Kevin loved it, IIRC)

Another true story one is Henry: A Portrait of a Serial Killer. Not a graphic one, but disturbing in what a lack of humanity there is in Henry. He's like beanbat, but worse.

Men Behind the Sun is a decent war/torture film.

El Topo always gets thrown around for being disturbing, but I think you have to be pretty religious to find it offensive these days. I also always saw Man Bites Dog on like every "disturbing movie" list I saw back when I tried to find the same ish you're looking for. I fscking HATED that movie but apparently I'm the only one. It's a mockumentary of a serial killer.

I think Happiness is pretty good, and definitely squicky disturbing without any blood. Some things are way more disturbing than death and whatnot, ya know?

The Vanashing (SPOORLOOOOOOS!!!!) is an excellent horror film that leaves most viewers feeling pretty uneasy at the end.

And you could always try August Underground's Mordum I guess if you want Faces of Death but with better production. I've never seen it -- I think it looks completely worthless -- but I always see it listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil
When did I type "lunacy?"

Last edited by wire; 06-24-2011 at 06:59 AM.
wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
Wayfarer
Sanity is a full-time job

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire
There are several on your list that I have queued up to watch. Irreversible and Salo are a couple.

I have seen A Boy and His Dog. I loved it for some odd reason. It was hilarious and a little disturbing at the same time.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #6
wire
Mr. Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer
There are several on your list that I have queued up to watch. Irreversible and Salo are a couple.

I have seen A Boy and His Dog. I loved it for some odd reason. It was hilarious and a little disturbing at the same time.
What, Lassie? You found me some bitches to rape?! Yay!

I have to wonder how that movie got pitched

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #7
superswiftstang
Cracker Darrell

are these on the instant Q for netflix or something?
superswiftstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #8
wire
Mr. Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswiftstang
are these on the instant Q for netflix or something?
Some of 'em are.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
CANTCME

Location: Nothing fake about me, I'm da realest of da realest, I'm repping my city until the whole world feel us, And you getting ran over if you don't get wit us, and I ain't shutting up, mayne you gonna have to kill us.. CITY STAND UP!!
Quote:
Some of 'em are.
Is "The Vanishing" with Jeff Bridges a remake of the one you posted?
<-- Ghostride da whip:darkcool:
CANTCME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
wire
Mr. Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTCME
Is "The Vanishing" with Jeff Bridges a remake of the one you posted?
Yes. Jeff Bridges one was 1993, Spoorloos (the much more awesome one per reviews, the only one I've seen) was 1988

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #11
CANTCME

Location: Nothing fake about me, I'm da realest of da realest, I'm repping my city until the whole world feel us, And you getting ran over if you don't get wit us, and I ain't shutting up, mayne you gonna have to kill us.. CITY STAND UP!!
Quote:
Yes. Jeff Bridges one was 1993, Spoorloos (the much more awesome one per reviews, the only one I've seen) was 1988
Sh!t the 88' one isn't available for streaming
Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
wire
Mr. Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTCME
Sh!t the 88' one isn't available for streaming
Boo. Apparently they took the original film, remade it, and then tacked on another 20 minutes to make a brand new, completely different ending that f@gs it all up.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #13
CANTCME

Quote:
Boo. Apparently they took the original film, remade it, and then tacked on another 20 minutes to make a brand new, completely different ending that f@gs it all up.
Pm.t
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #14
Mudvayne
Longblock > *

Serbian film was barely enough for me to get it up

I wanna be a dillionare sooooo freakin bad
Mudvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #15
beanbat

Wire, good list, but I can't believe you missed 'Cannibal Holocaust'. There are some good scenes in there.

August Underground (the original) is another one. I couldn't even get through August Underground Mordum because it was so stupid/boring. The original is still pretty dumb, but probably should be on the list too.

Then there's always the traces of death/faces of death seres. I remember faces being a bit lame, but traces of death was pretty fvcked up. Mondo Cane is another that is in this same category. Lots of short 'real life' clips of weird/fvcked up stuff.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #16
Jim W
\m/etalhead

Human Centipede was a huge disappointment to me, I was hoping for so much more. Even the parts that should have been disturbing, weren't.

Damned by Dawn is pretty cool, probably a 7/10, but you'll never sleep during howling wind again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHJLpiLy7pA
Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
SethP
Come at the king

Quote:
A Boy and His Dog is disturbing in a similar way, but I wouldn't really recommend it as disturbing unless you're a feminazi, and obviously you're not.

@SethPoints
Old 06-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #18
SethP
Come at the king

If all of ASF was like the last 20 minutes or so it would have been much better.

@SethPoints
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #19
venomsvt
Bazinga!

All I know about this is that it's been banned in the UK, lol.

THC2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpmPJzLmGdI

"The first film dealt with a mad doctor who sews together three kidnapped people in order to produce the 'human centipede'of the title. Although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film and the Board concluded that it was not in breach of our Guidelines at '18'. This new work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), tells the story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film and who imagines putting the 'centipede' idea into practice. Unlike the first film, the sequel presents graphic images of sexual violence, forced defecation, and mutilation, and the viewer is invited to witness events from the perspective of the protagonist. Whereas in the first film the 'centipede' idea is presented as a revolting medical experiment, with the focus on whether the victims will be able to escape, this sequel presents the 'centipede' idea as the object of the protagonist's depraved sexual fantasy.

The principal focus of The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is the sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture, and murder of his naked victims. Examples of this include a scene early in the film in which he masturbates whilst he watches a DVD of the original Human Centipede film, with sandpaper wrapped around his penis, and a sequence later in the film in which he becomes aroused at the sight of the members of the 'centipede' being forced to defecate into one another's mouths, culminating in sight of the man wrapping barbed wire around his penis and raping the woman at the rear of the 'centipede'. There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience. There is a strong focus throughout on the link between sexual arousal and sexual violence and a clear association between pain, perversity and sexual pleasure. It is the Board's conclusion that the explicit presentation of the central character's obsessive sexually violent fantasies is in breach of its Classification Guidelines and poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers.

David Cooke, Director of the BBFC said: "It is the Board's carefully considered view that to issue a certificate to this work, even if confined to adults, would be inconsistent with the Board's Guidelines, would risk potential harm within the terms of the VRA, and would be unacceptable to the public.

"The Board also seeks to avoid classifying material that may be in breach of the Obscene Publications Acts 1959 and 1964 (OPA) or any other relevant legislation. The OPA prohibits the publication of works that have a tendency to deprave or corrupt a significant proportion of those likely to see them. In order to avoid classifying potentially obscene material, the Board engages in regular discussions with the relevant enforcement agencies, including the CPS, the police, and the Ministry of Justice. It is the Board's view that there is a genuine risk that this video work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), may be considered obscene within the terms of the OPA, for the reasons given above."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WankMyYoda
It's most likely in the seat...because I can play for 3/4 hours in one seat in one room, and win absolutely nothing, then in my first 10 hands in another room, i'm up over 400k. Explain this.
PSN ID: crashoverride99
venomsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #20
wire
Mr. Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomsvt
All I know about this is that it's been banned in the UK, lol.

THC2:
Yea, the UK really likes to ban shiit tho.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #21
wire
Mr. Trenton

Quote:
Yea, the UK really likes to ban shiit tho.
For example, the original uncut Last House on the Left was banned until 2008.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Banned til 1999.
Visions of Ecstacy is currently banned...because it was deemed blasphemous. WTF
Mikey is banned, all because the serial killer in that film is a kid (a former classmate of mine, even!)
Grotesque, some stupid Japanese splatter film, is currently banned too.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #22
venomsvt
Bazinga!

Quote:
For example, the original uncut Last House on the Left was banned until 2008.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Banned til 1999.
Visions of Ecstacy is currently banned...because it was deemed blasphemous. WTF
Mikey is banned, all because the serial killer in that film is a kid (a former classmate of mine, even!)
Grotesque, some stupid Japanese splatter film, is currently banned too.

glad we kicked their asses centuries ago, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WankMyYoda
It's most likely in the seat...because I can play for 3/4 hours in one seat in one room, and win absolutely nothing, then in my first 10 hands in another room, i'm up over 400k. Explain this.
PSN ID: crashoverride99
venomsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #23
Cobra S
R pOwA y0!

subscribed. have to check out some of these flicks
Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #24
floppywesl
Huge Member

Deadgirl makes human centipede look like a care bears movie. For maximum effect watch it in a room filled with women

"Thats the money you could be saving by DL pron on MW "
floppywesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #25
)2edn3ck
A Virgin :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra S
subscribed. have to check out some of these flicks

d0t
Old 06-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #26
wheelspin
Horsepower Happens...

Quote:

I fscking hated Irreversible, but the friends I saw it with loved it. It's notorious for its real time, single take double rape scene and some other good special effects.
surprise buttsecks
Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #27
ChrisB99

Quote:
WTF
must have been sweet for him to get to hang out with Worf all the time

ChrisB99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #28
C17chief
Worthless w/out pics

Quote:
The Cove or Titticut Follies?

I saw parts of SF (enough to know I didn't care to waste my time on it), THC and Antichrist. While I was really impressed with the use of sound in Antichrist, I was generally bored by it. THC was laughably stupid. I've kinda assumed maybe I'm just "too old for that ish"?

idk.

I did love Visitor Q when I watched it, Audition's piano wire scene still haunts me more than any other scene I've seen in a film in an "omg squick" kinda way...

I fscking hated Irreversible, but the friends I saw it with loved it. It's notorious for its real time, single take double rape scene and some other good special effects. They used some low bass frequency throughout the movie that gives off a sense of agitation for some people. Apparently I was one of those people because I was really ready to punch things by the time the movie was done.

Baise Moi is another Frenchie rape film. But with a twist!

Salo is alright, another classic super disturbing film. The coprophagia in this film was far harder for me to take than THC, plus it's got the youngster element of SF.

I've seen Threads thrown a lot as a disturbing film...it's not a feature film but a made for TV for the UK in the height of the "omg we're all going to die from nuclear warfare" scare of the 80s...but it's definitely the bleakest, most depressing one of 'em all. A Boy and His Dog is disturbing in a similar way, but I wouldn't really recommend it as disturbing unless you're a feminazi, and obviously you're not.

If you want a repeat of Antichrist's penis torture you could go with Hard Candy or better yet, Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flannagan, Supermasochist. Bob nails his penis to a board. In a documentary about what he'd do on an average Tuesday. Actually, don't watch Hard Candy, just skip it and watch Sick. HC kinda sucked (tho Kevin loved it, IIRC)

Another true story one is Henry: A Portrait of a Serial Killer. Not a graphic one, but disturbing in what a lack of humanity there is in Henry. He's like beanbat, but worse.

Men Behind the Sun is a decent war/torture film.

El Topo always gets thrown around for being disturbing, but I think you have to be pretty religious to find it offensive these days. I also always saw Man Bites Dog on like every "disturbing movie" list I saw back when I tried to find the same ish you're looking for. I fscking HATED that movie but apparently I'm the only one. It's a mockumentary of a serial killer.

I think Happiness is pretty good, and definitely squicky disturbing without any blood. Some things are way more disturbing than death and whatnot, ya know?

The Vanashing (SPOORLOOOOOOS!!!!) is an excellent horror film that leaves most viewers feeling pretty uneasy at the end.

And you could always try August Underground's Mordum I guess if you want Faces of Death but with better production. I've never seen it -- I think it looks completely worthless -- but I always see it listed.
Subbed for later. More then half of those I havent seen yet.

C17chief is offline   Reply With Quote