Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > Technical Discussion > 2005+ Mustang

Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
MonteCitan
Partying like it's 19-99

Moaning sound from rear diff/LSD

Evening all.. I vaguely remember this issue from when I was a Ford Tech.. My car's been doing this since I picked it up, it doesn't bug me too much seeing as I'll eventually be upgrading everything anyhow, but does anyone have a copy of the TSB for this?

2006 mustang - noise from differential/LSD - can be confused with Power Steering pump noise..

Also anyone local to So Cal that works at a Ford dealer that wants to hook a brother up with the repair? Car is well within the mileage warranty but out on time
Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
MonteCitan
Partying like it's 19-99

That or is it just time to change out the diff fluid/ add in some more friction modifier?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck

How loud is it? I'd get the dealership or a really good mechanic to take a look. I had this a couple months back on my 2006 gt. It was REALLY loud. I assumed it was tire noise as the kdw II's have a reputation, but it kept getting louder. I finally put the car on stands and ran it through a few gears. Nope not tires. It ended up being pretty much everything in the rear end needed changing. So I got all new internals, upgraded to carbon fiber clutch packs, and a terminator center section. Also replaced the wheel bearings. (not a cheap job, so I'd get it checked out)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Yes jcalvert86, you posted a great picture of your girls bangin, tlts and then went on to say her approximate height and weight. Beanbat disagreed with your guess on the weight. Therefore you are a serial liar and degenerate human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6 Molester
one time i had a dirty fantasy and didnt wash it out after a couple uses to fullfill my dirty whore fantasy and it burned afterwards when i peeded. i got the real life feeling
2kanchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck

I found this
06-19-2
8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN/GROAN NOISE DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/attac...8&d=1177888420

and this

05-20-2
REAR AXLE NOISE
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/attac...7&d=1228691489
Quote:
Yes jcalvert86, you posted a great picture of your girls bangin, tlts and then went on to say her approximate height and weight. Beanbat disagreed with your guess on the weight. Therefore you are a serial liar and degenerate human being.
Quote:
one time i had a dirty fantasy and didnt wash it out after a couple uses to fullfill my dirty whore fantasy and it burned afterwards when i peeded. i got the real life feeling
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
SweetStangS351
U.S American

I recently started getting a moaning sound when making low speed sharp turns but my car is a '10

Cant work those links^^ since Im not registered on that forum
Old 08-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
MonteCitan
Partying like it's 19-99

Quote:
I found this
06-19-2
8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN/GROAN NOISE DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/attac...8&d=1177888420

and this

05-20-2
REAR AXLE NOISE
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/attac...7&d=1228691489
Alright I looked up the TSBs on mitchell, it sounds like I've got the first one, only does it < 10 MPH and only when the car is hot.. I know they have an upgraded clutch pack for it, but I'll try a bottle of XL3 first

I'm thinking it's not a similar issue to yours, it only makes it when turning, only at low speeds and can't hear it at other times

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetStangS351
I recently started getting a moaning sound when making low speed sharp turns but my car is a '10

Cant work those links^^ since Im not registered on that forum
Sign up for the site. It is without a doubt the best technical resource for 05+ mustangs out there.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #8
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Alright I looked up the TSBs on mitchell, it sounds like I've got the first one, only does it < 10 MPH and only when the car is hot.. I know they have an upgraded clutch pack for it, but I'll try a bottle of XL3 first

I'm thinking it's not a similar issue to yours, it only makes it when turning, only at low speeds and can't hear it at other times

Thanks for the feedback!
There's another one specific to low speed turning. I'll see if I can find it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
MonteCitan
Partying like it's 19-99

Update : added a bottle of XL-3 Friction Modifier from Ford.. Noise is gone
Old 10-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Update : added a bottle of XL-3 Friction Modifier from Ford.. Noise is gone
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
MonteCitan
Partying like it's 19-99

Only problem now is.. i turned one of my MTs on the rim at the track.. = vibration above 65 that gets worse as speed climbs.. time to take the tires in.. or I'll sneak into the service garage at work and use our road force balancer..