Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > Technical Discussion > 2005+ Mustang

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
rspears9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ky
Posts: 408
need advice on 07 gt500 or 2011 gt

give me some input on this i saw a few 07 gt500 on ebay for around 29,000 or 2011 used mustang gt for 28,000 help me guys
rspears9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
87'hybrid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,865
For a play car gar go GT500.
For a DD, or something to mod yourself, go GT.
87'hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
IRSmart
On a steel horse I ride
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 12,246
there's an 88 hp difference between the two and the GT comes N/A. i'd get the GT, more modability in my eyes. gives you more of a clean slate to start with.
__________________
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart
there's an 88 hp difference between the two and the GT comes N/A. i'd get the GT, more modability in my eyes. gives you more of a clean slate to start with.
Plus warranty and being new instead of used/abused.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001
I like... more than 5 guys, but that's prob because I can have 5 guys anytime I want...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Yes jcalvert86, you posted a great picture of your girls bangin, tlts and then went on to say her approximate height and weight. Beanbat disagreed with your guess on the weight. Therefore you are a serial liar and degenerate human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6 Molester
one time i had a dirty fantasy and didnt wash it out after a couple uses to fullfill my dirty whore fantasy and it burned afterwards when i peeded. i got the real life feeling
2kanchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #5
IRSmart
On a steel horse I ride
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 12,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Plus warranty and being new instead of used/abused.
i agree with the not being abused part, but a warranty detracts from modding. i still vote for the 11 GT, for the same reason i'd get a mach 1 before a terminator. it allows you to do the mods you want, instead of paying for things that are already on the car.

for a car enthusiast, the perfect car is built by the owner, not the manufacterer.
__________________
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart
i agree with the not being abused part, but a warranty detracts from modding. i still vote for the 11 GT, for the same reason i'd get a mach 1 before a terminator. it allows you to do the mods you want, instead of paying for things that are already on the car.

for a car enthusiast, the perfect car is built by the owner, not the manufacterer.
True enough. I never had any problems with the dealership and my mods, then again I never had any major problems either.

I would vote for an older used model of whatever, if it was significantly cheaper. That way for the same total cost you could mod the fvck out of it. But for the price being equal, might as well go with the newer, nicer, more up to date car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001
I like... more than 5 guys, but that's prob because I can have 5 guys anytime I want...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Yes jcalvert86, you posted a great picture of your girls bangin, tlts and then went on to say her approximate height and weight. Beanbat disagreed with your guess on the weight. Therefore you are a serial liar and degenerate human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6 Molester
one time i had a dirty fantasy and didnt wash it out after a couple uses to fullfill my dirty whore fantasy and it burned afterwards when i peeded. i got the real life feeling
2kanchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
JDGt281
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 23,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart
there's an 88 hp difference between the two and the GT comes N/A. i'd get the GT, more modability in my eyes. gives you more of a clean slate to start with.
Yeah put a CAI and tune on both cars and that number drastically increases in the favor of the GT500.

Id take the GT500. Will respond a lot better to mods and hold its value better.
__________________
Spinning wheels, casting reels
MWGC # .40 FCMW # 3

Wounded Warrior Project
JDGt281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #8
MrGrumpyPants
The "Original" Ole Geezer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Giza, Egypt
Posts: 19,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGt281
Yeah put a CAI and tune on both cars and that number drastically increases in the favor of the GT500.

Id take the GT500. Will respond a lot better to mods and hold its value better.
Plus the WOW factor is there. GT500s will get much more stares than the GT.
__________________
A word to the wise isn't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

MrGrumpyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
ChrisK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 310
Posts: 40
GT500...


to add a s/c on the GT, u are gonna spend @ least 5k...

use that same 5k with the GT500 and u are farther ahead...

+1 mods and warranty dont really mix...
__________________
2006 Mustang GT -Sold
2008 Tundra SR5 TRD
1993 Mazda RX-7
2000 Yamaha Zuma 49cc
2006 Yamaha FZ-1 (modded)
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
notfastenuf
Résumé Dude
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 29,089
Went through the same decision last year except I was deciding between a new 5.0 and a 08-09 GT500; I upgraded from a 2003 Cobra. I found an '08 with 2k miles. Less than 1k into mods and I'm sitting at 530rwhp.

And IRS, you're crazy for taking a Mach 1 over a Terminator.
__________________
-Ty

F-350
notfastenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
2kanchoo
Dumb Fvck Canuck
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfastenuf View Post
Went through the same decision last year except I was deciding between a new 5.0 and a 08-09 GT500; I upgraded from a 2003 Cobra. I found an '08 with 2k miles. Less than 1k into mods and I'm sitting at 530rwhp.

And IRS, you're crazy for taking a Mach 1 over a Terminator.
Holy fvck. How did you find an 08 with such low mileage? Nice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad001
I like... more than 5 guys, but that's prob because I can have 5 guys anytime I want...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Yes jcalvert86, you posted a great picture of your girls bangin, tlts and then went on to say her approximate height and weight. Beanbat disagreed with your guess on the weight. Therefore you are a serial liar and degenerate human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6 Molester
one time i had a dirty fantasy and didnt wash it out after a couple uses to fullfill my dirty whore fantasy and it burned afterwards when i peeded. i got the real life feeling
2kanchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
notfastenuf
Résumé Dude
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 29,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanchoo View Post
Holy fvck. How did you find an 08 with such low mileage? Nice.
Just put up a WTB ad on SVTp. Got a PM off of it - he never posted in the thread; I was in DC at the time and went up to NJ to pick it up; we haggled a little bit beforehand, but it was some guy's toy that he never drove. He just wanted it gone.
__________________
-Ty

F-350
notfastenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
JB VOBRA
E85 cheap.Tires expensive
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: E85 for da win
Posts: 12,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfastenuf View Post
I downgraded from a 2003 Cobra.


JB VOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
Troy-Stangsaver
I am the pwnage...Bitches
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver Canada Posts: 729+
Posts: 4,332
So what did you go with?
__________________
07 Mustang GT with 5.4 522rwhp. -729 posts
PSN & Xbox1: stangsaver.
Troy-Stangsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2012 Mustangworld.com