Mustang Forum - Mustang World

Mustang Grilles, Mustang Windshield banners, Mustang Bumper inserts and more at MW Speedshop.com

Go Back   Mustang Forum - Mustang World > Technical Discussion > 5.0L Performance

Old 08-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
Eman5pt0

encountered some issues with my project notch

Whats up everyone i have been working on my car on and off now for a few years no and finally got it running not to long ago, ran solid for a few days than after a week of not running the car i had some issues.little back round its a 1990 notch 4cyl conversion with a fuel injected 331. when i turn the key the fuel pump doesn't turn on, we started at the pump to the inertia switch and the relay and its all getting power, when we jump the relay the fuel pump kicks on but still wont start. we checked the spark and it has bad spark while cranking good spark when it stops cranking. my mechanic buddies think it might be a computer issue but other than that are stumped. so figured id try to get some input from the stang community
thanks for any input
Eric
Eman5pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
modo
That Guy

check for power at the eec harness on key on... two red wires. if nothing i would suspect the eec relay which should be above the eec

93 GT
66 Coupe
modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
Eman5pt0

ill give it a try, thanks. what stumps me is that the car ran great for a few days than after sitting for a week the problems arose
Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Eman5pt0

am i looking for a 12 volt ref of 5 ? still haven't gotten the chance to check it yet i m waiting on my buddy to bring his power probe. but the more research i do it seems like this may be the problem